Chapter 59 : Qurbaan Hua (Sacrificed)

Khushi was walking with soft steps, lost in her own calculations and thoughts, her anklets making the melodic chimes as she moved ahead on the marbled stairs of Sheesh Mahal Study, crossing the small entrance of this vast study, going through the ...

Khushi was walking with soft steps, lost in her own calculations and thoughts, her anklets making the melodic chimes as she moved ahead on the marbled stairs of Sheesh Mahal Study, crossing the small entrance of this vast study, going through the well-furnitured lobby to reach the certain racks.

It was the late evening, and in spite of lamps, the hall was mostly in darkness as she walked carefully.

The Shantivan assessment was almost on head and here she was lagging behind in the final revisions... the reason being, a certain naughty Prince who had been keeping her occupied in some other tutorials.

No, don't think of him right now!!!

As she took a flickering lamp in her both hands attentively, as its golden orange light spread around to draw the darkness away from this obscure corner. Keeping it on the stand she busied herself in finding the certain thesis needed to study the ancient administration rules.

That's when she heard some footsteps behind her, making her stop in her tracks as she knitted her eyebrows together.

Well she had entered from the secondary entrance, where there was no one in this rear side of study.

But seems she wasn't all alone as she swiftly span on her heels, putting her loose brown strands behind ears with one hand, only to find the most unexpected person here.

Maharaja KishoreNanda!!!

Ok, not unexpected actually!!!

It was his own Palace and him being here was not something to be surprised.

But after that day when he had vent out his barbaric act on her in his Chamber and she had gone unconscious, she hadn't met him.

In all these days, so much had happened in her life, most of the things being peaceful and calming, that never for once, his thoughts had struck her mind.

To be honest, she had almost forgotten about that day, considering it to be a bad dream.

Only if it were a dream!!! As the main character of her nightmare was standing just in front of her, clearing his throat, his hands bound behind his back.

Khushi looked startled, her heart skipping a beat, seeing him standing so close to her, as she looked down, shifting on her other foot.

For courtesy's sake, she bowed a little for the customary greeting, trying to walk past the King, when his voice reached her.

"Kaisi hain aap Rani Khushi?"
(How are you Queen Khushi?)