Chapter 77 : Jhoot Bole Kauwa Kate (If you did Lie, a Black Crow will Bite you)

With utmost care to maintain the silence, Arnav carefully stopped his horse in the rear side of the Palace, where security wasn't tight, as he glanced at Khushi for once, making sure that she was fine

Climbing down, he carefully took Khushi, scooping her in his arms, and with creeping quiet steps, he moved to the entrance door of, where only one guard was present.

Giving him the necessary bribe as well as directions, he made the door creaking open.

Peering inside the dark hallway, adjusting his pupils in the darkness, he watched out for any living figure and to his luck, the Hall seemed to be enjoying the absence of any breathing soul.

He took a step ahead stealthily, directing his steps inside, carrying her towards his Chamber, with alarmed senses.

The corridor concerned had Maharani and Maharaja's rooms, which was not much illuminated, neither were there any guards outside his Chamber.

Well, KishoreNanda might not be in his room, hence no guards here! He thought.

But he needed to be extra careful.

With slow, inaudible steps he inched forward, and before anyone could notice him, he passed the doors of both his sister and brother in law's chambers, taking a sigh of relief.

Phew!!!

But soon the alarmed super-sense of him, made him halt abruptly a few feet away from his room, as a strong baritone hit his ears.

"Prince Arnav...!"

Damn!!!!

Great! Just great! This was left only on this historical day.

God knows, what was it with him today. Why the f**k he was having to face such damned situations. It had started with the accident of Akash, followed by Aman, then Payal and now....

Puffing out the air off his lungs, he waited for the footstep of the person, to come closer to him, as he looked at the intruder with sideway glance in the dim-lit corridor.

"Kahan the aap...Humein aap se kal hone wale Mulyankan ke bare me kuch charcha karni thi. Hum sandhya se aap ki raah dekh rahe the. Aap Shantivaan se bhi jaldi chale gaye."
(Where were you...I wanted to have a word with you regarding tomorrow's assessment session. I had been waiting for you since evening. You also left Shantivan early.)

KishoreNanda firmly demanded his answer from Arnav, as he moved towards him.

Well, KishoreNanda was lying. The actual reason was the changed behavior of Aman. And the old emperor was having a doubt that these step-brothers might be having a plan against him. And then Arnav returning so late at night, made him more suspicious.