Chapter 26 : Baazigar (Gambler of Hearts)

"Har cheez unke liye bas khel hai

"Har cheez unke liye bas khel hai..."
"Everything is a game for him...."

She filled the batter in cotton clothe.

"Sab jaan bujh kar karte hain..."
"He does it knowingly...."

She moved aside Madhumati who had ignited the stove and poured the oil in the pan.

They were in the private kitchen which was lying dormant on the first floor. There being only Manorama and Khushi in Rama Mahal, only one kitchen on ground floor was used.

"Humein takleef dena....hamara mazaq udana yahi to pasandeedah khel hai unka!"
"It is his favourite job to hurt me.... to prank me!"

Squeezing the bag lightly she poured round jalebis in the pan.

"Hamara dard koi nahi samajhta...aur unhein....unhein to maza aata hai!"
"No one understands my pain ....and he... he takes pleasure in it!"

Finally the jalebi sank inside the sugary syrup.

The blathering session of Queen Khushi was going on and on... and Madhumati was wondering... why her benevolent and friendly queen was mad at someone....

She was also shocked with Queen's weird hobby of making jalebis which she had disclosed just today.

'What would we do with so many jalebis?' She looked at the mountain of orange sweets.

Unlike Anjali, Rajmata Manorama was not much interested in kitchen politics....or politically-motivated bahus she had...So Khushi had full liberty to pour her anxiety out here.

Keeping the last jalebi in the plate, Khushi finally felt light.

It was the only dish she could make but she could make it perfectly.

In Guptali it was her way to ease her anxiousness....and since last night she needed to bring out the seething anger, for that inconsiderate.... senseless gift...

How much she wanted to fry the Prince in this hot oil!

Last night he had sneaked away, and she couldn't do much due to presence of Payal, leaving her restless for whole night, her mood sullen.... remembering his indecent act!!!

'Which sane person does that?' But wasn't Prince a big insane? Making a married woman wear Mangalsutra???

Seriously?? Did he even know importance of Mangalsutra?

Khushi didn't want to think about this! No space for philosophy!!!

Already his immoral advances were devoid of any logic!! His incoherent actions of scaring her, seducing her!! Now he was getting on her nerves!!!