Chapter 3 : Piya Bedardi (Insensitive Dearest)

"Rajkumari Payal hamari bahot achchi sakhi ban gayi hain Buaji

"Rajkumari Payal hamari bahot achchi sakhi ban gayi hain Buaji. Woh hamari bahot sahayta karti hain!"
(Princess Payal has become a  very nice friend of mine, Buaji. She helps me a lot!) Queen Khushi was lying on the recliner, thinking about her new life at Shantivan.

It had been a few weeks since a new phase of royal training had started in her life...including skills like archery, horse riding and weaponry.

The grand university of Shantivan... styled in rock-cut architecture was built at the juncture of three trade routes of Nandagiri. It was really an abode of peace...freeing Khushi from her miserable life of the Palace at least for a few hours.

"Aap itni pyari hain Ranisa, ke har koi aapko apna dost banana chahega!"

(You are so loving and soft-spoken Ranisa...everyone would love to be your friend!) Madhumati replied her while folding clothes...while Khushi smiled.

It had become a daily routine for Khushi to go to Shantivan early in the morning. The Emperor had availed her a palanquin for commuting, but Anjali had made sure to keep it of the inferior most quality.

"Aap apna sthan yaad rakhiye!"
(You remember your status!) The evil Empress had again insulted her that day.

In spite of hundred attempts from Khushi, Anjali never liked her. In fact as days were passing, her dislikes were rising day be day. Her indifference towards her was reminding Khushi of her stepmother and stepsisters...back in Guptali.

But she was not mere an illegitimate princess anymore....she was a Queen now, of a great dynasty...but her life had no change whatsoever.

To add more to it, that Incarnated Rascal Sigh Raizada, the demon Prince, hurling his unique unbeatable tortures to her.

Yes! The Prince and his acts had only increased after that day in library.

It seemed to be a dark web, which she could neither escape nor face it. His cold 'devil-may-care' attitude was making her miserable, and no one...exactly no one in the Palace could dare to questions him on his actions.

Earlier he used to just stare at her, but after his bait in that library that day, he had started cornering her, touching her, feeling her skin, and all this against her wish, giving her the feeling that she had been living on his favour...in purgatory...or as a detainee.