𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 8

♪ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜsʟʏ ʙʏ ᴄʜᴀʀʟɪᴇ ᴘᴜᴛʜ♪

Rᴏxʏ

I started with my stance, my home base. I stood with my feet directly under my shoulders, took a step back with my dominant foot, my back toe facing a 45-degree angle and my lead toe facing my competitor.

I slightly bended my knees, moving my hands straight above my head and wrapping my thumbs around my knuckles. Lastly I brought my hands down to guard my face, tucked my elbows in and my lead shoulder goes forward. I was ready.

I watched as he looked to maintain a gap from me so that he could fight with faster, longer range punches.

I laughed at the fool. So, he was an out boxer huh? Let's see if he could handle the swarmer. I leaned in closer but he stepped back. Scaredy cat much? Now that I knew his style I could easily knock him out. He needed to think I was weak first.

He jabbed me under the jaw making me step back in my tracks. He tried to hit me again but I blocked him.

"Gotcha." I whispered underneath my breath, a smirk on my face.

I hit him four times, three lefts and a right in the face. He stumbled back, blood rushing out of his nose.

The crowd gasped and I stepped back into my corner of the ring.

The referee rushed to his side and helped him to his corner of the ring. His coach and assistants ran towards him with ice bags and water.

"Nice swarmer techniques!" Angel exclaimed as she handed me a bottle of water.

I smiled and swallowed some water down.

Two minutes passed before the referee signaled for round two to begin. I handed the half empty water bottle to Angel and she disappeared into the crowd before giving me a goodluck wink.

I entered the center of the ring, immediately going into the stance position. We started off with an intense staring competition. I won that too obviously. He grunted and stepped back, balancing his weight on his left foot, before throwing his right fist out in a curved punch at my temple followed by more punches at my face.

I failed to block them as he attacked me, making me nearly lose my conscious as I fell to my knees. I tasted blood. My vision blurred a bit, I looked around trying to regain my vision. Everything slowed down, the crowd screamed but I couldn't make out the words that came out of their mouths.

Angel held her hands in front of her mouth and coach stomped like an angry elf who hadn't gotten any Christmas presents from Santa. Silly man. Just as I was about to regain my vision completely, another punch got thrown at me hitting me straight down to where my feet once were. I attempted to sit up but failed as another punch got thrown at me. I felt the blood run down my numb face. My vision blurred again and then there was darkness.

*Trigger warning flashback*

I sat up, holding my pounding head. I looked around and saw that I was in a room, lying on a mattress. Wait, the fight! What happened? I had to get back. I had to win. I stood up a bit too quickly and ended up falling back down onto the mattress. That motherfucker really messed me up. I had to get back. He had too..

This room, I remembered it. I remembered the dull beige walls, the grey carpet, the green curtains. The big and little hand paint prints on the walls. I was about to try to get up from the mattress again when two people walked into the room.

"You're never at home Carlos!" The woman yelled at the man.

"We've been through this before Anna!" He yelled back at her.

Papi? Mommy?

Papi's green eyes were filled with guilt, he didn't make any eye contact with mom.

"You're cheating on me! You pig!" Mommy yelled again, this time with tears in her eyes. He noticed her crying and tried to comfort her but then she slapped him.

He went red then pale, his eyes opening wide in shock. "I'm sorry--" He tried to apologize.

"Get out! I never want to see your face again!" She screamed at him.

No mom. Please. Just give him one chance. I need him, a little voice begged in my head.

He was about to open his mouth to speak when a small figure ran into the room. It was three year old me. Mom ignored my appearance and pushed him around instead.

"Stop! Please!" Little me begged.

I watched the scene play out before me. Mom hitting and pushing papi, and little me having to experience this.

"Go Roxy." He instructed little me.

But I didn't listen. Mom continued to hit him but he didn't do anything, he didn't push her back or block her hits, he just looked numb and sad as he endured all the pain.

"Go! Roxy can you hear me?! You have to go!" He yelled at me, not wanting me to witness it.

*End of flashback*

"Ro?!"

Everything went dark again and then there was immediate light. I opened my eyes slowly, the light burning my eyes. Where was I?

"Ro?! Can you hear me?!" Angel questioned, icing my face and stroking my head.

"Angel?" I lifted my head slightly to meet her gaze.

"Yes. I'm here. You're okay." She assured me.

"Did he win?" I asked.

"I don't know. Did he?" She asked with a smirk.

"Huh? Wait how long was I out?" I asked completely confused.

The referee signaled for round three to begin and Angel helped me to my feet.

"I can't Angela. I'm weak. I'm hurt." I explained.

"You can. I believe in you." She smiled at me sincerely.

I opened my mouth to explain to her that I couldn't but she interrupted me before I could get the first word out.

"Win this round and you get to fight in the tournament next month."

"But-"

"Come on baby girl! Go throw some punches!" She roared.

It wasn't like me to lose hope. So, I nodded and moved to the center of the ring. I needed to finish it off. I moved my fists towards his face but he blocked it, then again and again and again, each and every time he blocked my punches and just as I took a breathing break he punched me. He knew that I was weak. That I was hurt. I couldn't give in though. He was about to power punch me but I blocked it. He looked surprised for a moment and stepped back then forward again. I jabbed him under the chin and he fell back in his tracks. Now, I thought to myself. I moved towards him punched him in the face about six or more times then waited until he recovered before quickly giving my last raw punch, knocking him out and making him fall to the ground.

The referee surrounded him and waited for a moment..

"He's out! Completely!" The referee yelled.

The crowd cheered and coach jumped up and down happily. Angel smiled proudly. I did it. I won.