𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟺

♪ᴊᴜʟʏ ʙʏ ɴᴏᴀʜ ᴄʏʀᴜs♪

                                     Rᴏxʏ

"Lucky charms or Coco pops?" I asked Lucy.

I personally preferred Rice Krispies.

"Both!" She yelled from the living room.

Such a weirdo, I thought to myself. I shook some cereal out from each box into a bowl, then added one teaspoon of sugar in and poured some milk over before stirring the sugar in slightly.

I took the bowl from the table and walked out the kitchen and into the living room to where she was, on the couch.

"Here you go." I said, handing her the bowl of cereal.

"Thank you." She smiled generously at me.

"You finish your breakfast while I clean up the house okay?"

She nodded, before stuffing her mouth with a spoon of cereal.

I started with Lucy's room, made her bed, packed her toys away as well as her story books, then finally swept.

Next was mom's and Jake's room. I started by making their bed, then picked up all the clothing from the floor, clearing their bedside tables from unnecessary clutter and then swept. Sweeping was always a struggle as it made my wrists hurt.. but I had gotten used to it. Mom never invested into a vacuum so, sweeping it was! I swept under the bed and along some shoes and dust, I found a box of cigarettes.

It was Mom's. She was smoking. Again! She said she had stopped, considering the fact that Lucy had asthma. I felt like breaking the cigarettes into pieces but I didn't. She'd kill me. I pushed them back underneath the bed. She couldn't know that I knew or that I had seen it.

I packed the shoes away and swept the last remaining dust into the scoop. Next was the bathroom, I cleaned the toilet, scrubbed the shower floor, wiped the sink and mirror, and then swept. Afterwards I ran some water into a bucket and squirted some cleaning detergents in.

I mopped the rooms, the bathroom, the passage and then finally the kitchen. While the floors dried, I watched The powerpuff girls with Lucy. The living room and kitchen wasn't really messy so I didn't stress too much about it.

"I miss mommy and daddy." Lucy said sadly, her cute big brown eyes not leaving the TV screen.

"They'll be home soon." I reminded her.

"No, I mean... I miss them, even when they are at home, it's like they're not here." She explained.

"Hey! I'm here for you. Mom and Jake are just..." I stopped myself from completing the sentence. I honestly had no idea why they were the way they were. "Im here for you." I quickly added, showing a small smile.

"Plomise?" She asked looking up at me.

"Promise." I said, pulling her in for a hug.

We continued watching The powerpuff girls then Mr.Bean, and soon ended up falling asleep.

*Trigger warning*

I woke up, lying on the sofa but it wasn't the one that I had fell asleep on. I looked to my side but Lucy wasn't there. Where was she?! Where was I?! A door creaked, making me jump up and look in its direction. I looked up to where the creaking came from and recognized the white bedroom doorframe.

Fuck. Not again.

The door creaked, opening eerily. I saw his shadow lurking on the walls. His black eyes filled with lust. I've been here before. This was the house I had lived in with Jake's mom and stepdad in 7th grade.