𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟹𝟻

♪ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ʙᴇsᴛ ʙʏ ᴀɴsᴏɴ sᴇᴀʙʀᴀ♪

                                      Rᴏxʏ

The plan seemed simple. Maybe it was, if we were trying to outsmart some ordinary crook. Could we even refer to him as one? He was a murderer. He killed innocent people, he even killed his own wife! How do you sleep at night, knowing that you killed your children's mother?

Unlike me, Blake still had a life to get to. His work was done. Mr.Trevor set him free and both his mom and Noah were safe.

"You have to pretend to be unconscious, okay? I told him I sedated you." Blake informed me.

"Yes sir." I confirmed.

"You'll be okay, right? You got it from here onwards?" He asked with a concerned expression on his face.

"Luke is the easiest part of the whole plan. Don't stress." I assured him.

Yes.. Luke. Backstabbing Luke. I was going to get passed on to him next. Luke knew about stuff, stuff that Blake didn't. I just had to get him to talk. Or at least buy some time.

To my surprise Blake's mom had a penthouse in New Jersey. We stayed at it all day ever since after the mall. It was nearly sunset and Luke had still not shown up.

Late as always.

"I'm sorry Roxy." Blake apologized, sitting down next to me.

Sorry can't save me now.

I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder. "Do you remember freshman year, when you put bubblegum in my hair while I was sleeping in class?" I asked, lacing my fingers through his.

"It was a dare!" He chuckled.

"Remember how hard I punched you in the hallway?" I asked and he laughed harder.

"Oh, How could I ever forget Roxy bear?" He spoke in a babyish tone.

"It felt so good!" I declared and we laughed together hysterically.

Eventually our laughter died out and we just stared into one another's eyes.

"What happened Roxy?" He asked with a shaky voice. "Why'd you stop being my best friend? Why'd you leave?"

Everyone leaves Blake.

There were plenty of reasons why I distanced myself. The most common one that always ended friendships was love. Yes.. I fell in love with Blake. We spent everyday together. He'd climb in through my window every night and he'd let me fall asleep on his chest, cause he knew.. he knew all about my dad and the terrible stories of my childhood. He knew everything.

At least that's what I let him think. He knew tiny bits and pieces but he knew more than anybody else. My feelings grew more and more with each day and it scared me. Like most of us, when we feel afraid, when we fear something.. we hide. We run.

Maybe I shouldn't have ran. Maybe I shouldn't have hid myself away and even though it was a long time ago.. maybe he deserved to know. Maybe he still does. He deserves an answer.

"Because I lo-"

The doorbell rang, interrupting me.

Perfect timing Luke! I rolled my eyes, annoyed.

"He's here." Blake whispered nervously, standing up from the sofa.

He looks down at me. "It's okay. Don't panic. If anything happens just kn-"

"Shut up and let go of my hand." I told him and he let go immediately.

The doorbell rang again.