𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷𝟶

♪ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏs ʙʏ ɴᴏᴀʜ ʀᴀɴsᴏᴍ♪

                                   Tʀᴏʏ

Words seemed to have failed me, as I couldn't describe the goddess standing before me. Her dark long brown hair hung beautifully behind her shoulders and down her back. Along with her pale face, and bright green eyes, I found myself completely frozen as my knees became weak and my feet numb. Her silver nose ring fitted her little nose perfectly. Ugh, I was obsessed with piercings! Suddenly, I noticed her bruises, they were scattered all over her face. Fresh and livid. Purple blood-filled. She was hurt.

"Excuse me?" She spoke, waving her hand in front of my face.

Her voice was so dreamy yet cold. I stared at her as she talked, of course, I didn't hear anything that came out of her pretty mouth. Okay I sounded creepy. No girls. I had to stop. I promised myself.

"Sorry. W-what did you say?" I asked awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck nervously. Her expression went cold and then she crossed her arms over her chest. "Where have you been?!" She asked annoyingly. Um, reading Harry Potter books in my room? Playing video games? Writing songs? Of course I didn't say that out loud. I opened my mouth to answer but she blocked me off. "Also, your uniform is very inappropriate sir." Sir? Uniform? Shit! My torso was still bare because of my unbuttoned shirt.

"I-i-i'm sorry. I should go." I stammered, quickly placing the tray on her dresser. I gave her a awkward smile before running out and shouting through the passage "Goodbye dream girl!" Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! I made a complete fool of myself.

                                    Rᴏxʏ

Dream girl? Weird room service? Some five star hotel this is, I thought to myself. I didn't even get the dude's name. Didn't matter. It wasn't important. I needed to heal and start practicing for the tournament. I still never understood how I won though. If I remembered correctly I was unconscious for a moment after round two, why didn't he win? I picked my phone up from the bed and searched through my contact list for Angel. It rang and rang and then went through to voice mail! Fuck it. I just had to accept it. I won, even though I wasn't sure how, I did. I was a fighter after all.

I limped towards the dresser where the tray was. There were cookies, pudding, Greek salad and some Italian looking dish. What if that guy had poisoned this? He seemed rather fishy yet harmless. I stared at the delicious looking peppermint pudding and reached out to take it when my phone pinged with a notification. I walked to my bed and picked my phone up. As much as I hoped that it would be Angel informing me about the big tournament, it wasn't. It was mom.

𝑴𝒐𝒎: 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒃𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒔 𝒂𝒕 2?

I read her message over and over again, my mind racing with thoughts. Was she serious? Did she want to apologize? Did she regret what she had said? Did she want me to come back home? Could she possibly be trying to make things right again? My phone pinged with a new message, another one from her.

𝑴𝒐𝒎: 𝑺𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚, 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒄𝒕.

What was I thinking?! Stupid Ro! Did I seriously think that she'd actually... Then it hit me. If that message weren't meant for me, then who was it meant for? Mom barely met up with anyone. She didn't even leave the house without Jake. I smirked, suddenly I was craving for a chocolate Frappuccino. Mom was up to something and I was going to find out what it was. I pulled a hoodie and a beanie out from my backpack, quickly putting them on before grabbing my phone and.. Keys? No, mom would recognize my motorbike. I'll take a taxi instead. I grabbed my purse and rushed out the door, through the passage, down the elevator and out of the hotel.

A taxi pulled up almost immediately while I was outside the hotel building. I climbed in, telling the driver the location, he nodded and started the engine, before driving off.

I sat to the back on the seat and blocked out all the drivers questions. I glanced through the window, watching the big buildings and stores pass by quickly as we approached closer and closer to our destination. Starbucks. The taxi stopped and I climbed out. I stood in front of the driver's window, and payed him for his service, he smiled slyly before looking me up and down and winking. Ugh, as if! I rolled my eyes at him and laughed before making my way into the Starbucks building.

Starbucks smelt just like any other coffee shop. Coffee. Oh, and tired bodies trying to awaken their souls with caffeine. I got seated at a table and a waiter got my order for a drink. A chocolate Frappuccino, of course.

Some time passed, as I kept checking the time on my phone. Three minutes past two. Where are you mumzie dear? Another two minutes passed and then the front doors of the cafe opened. I looked up slowly to see mom walking hand in hand with some random dude. A smile plastered on her face. She went blonde, got a haircut, the bruises that were once visible were now hidden under all her cheap makeup. She looked different but I'd notice that smile anywhere. I watched as she threw her head back, laughing at something the man she was with had said.

Unbelievable. If she were here hanging with a random guy, where was Lucy? Was she okay? Had she been eating? Where was Jake? Did he know about mom's doings? I was so stuck in my head that I hadn't notice the waiter standing in front of me with my drink. I couldn't bear mom and her stupid presence anymore. I wanted to leave. Her cheap perfume which had stuffed the entire room had made it hard to breathe, slowly suffocating me.

I asked the waiter to make the drink a takeaway, she nodded, walked away and came back again with my takeway drink. I payed enough for both the drink and a tip for her before getting up from my seat and walking out of the coffee shop.

The cold misty air rushed towards me, making my cheeks icy. That's weird, it was sunny earlier. I looked up to see the dark collected clouds above my head, it was going to rain. I'm about to hail for a taxi when someone grabs my arm and pulled me back, their nails digging into my skin. I'm about to throw punches at them but this face has felt enough pain.

"Mom?!" I questioned, as she looked at me with rage in her eyes, the same kind of rage from before but just a whole lot more.