𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 48

♪Luckiest man by Chris Brown♪

                                     Tʀᴏʏ

I blinked my eyes open to find myself lying in Roxy's lap. She smiled at me with tired eyes. "Good morning." She said sweetly.

I inhaled deeply at the thought of a new day, another day to live.

"Morning baby." I responded, kissing her hands.

That morning, waking up to live another day with the love of my life seemed almost way too good to be true because it would also be the day the glass would break.

"Roxy, You promised you would braid my hair!" Lucy whined.

I watched as Roxy sighed tiredly while putting gold butterfly earrings in her ears. "Not today Lucy."

Lucy pouted and crossed her arms with a huff. I smiled at this.

"Come on, Lucy. I'll braid your hair." I told her, taking her by the hand and walking over to the living room. "Brush please." I stated and she handed her purple unicorn brush. I brushed the tangles out gently then started braiding her hair. "Hair tie?" I asked and she handed me a pink glittery hair tie.

"All done!" I emphasized cheerfully and she smiled happily. "Thank you Troy." She said gratefully before pecking me on the cheek.

Roxy walked out into the living room and I looked her up and down slowly. Wow, is all I could think.

She wasn't a girl who liked wearing dresses but she had been wearing them a lot lately and she looked absolutely beautiful in them.

She smiled and gave me a twirl in her white summer dress with little sunflowers printed on it. Her hair was blow dried and soft. She wore light natural makeup and cute sandals. "I'm ready to go." She said sweetly.

I smiled and got up from the sofa to walk over to her and kiss her.

"Ewwww." Lucy mocked, and I blushed slightly.

"Let's go." I said, grabbing the keys and waiting for Lucy and Roxy to leave through the front door first. I shut the door behind me, locking it, then walking to the car, opening the door for Roxy and Lucy. Then getting in on my side and starting the engine.

                                          ➪

"Lucy no!" Roxy yelled at Lucy, grabbing an unpaid Barbie doll from Lucy's hands and placing it back on the shelf.

"I hate you." Lucy told her, rolling her eyes and folding her arms.

Roxy just ignored her and pushed the shopping cart to the next aisle to continue grocery shopping.

I walked over to Lucy and took her hand. "Hey, let's get something else instead, okay?" I gave her a soft smile and she nodded in return.

We walked over into the luxury aisle and Lucy immediately ran towards the chocolates on the shelves. "Chocolate!"

I smiled to myself, then suddenly got a tap on my shoulder. I turned my head slightly to see a girl about my age with brown hair and blue eyes smiling brightly behind me. "Oh, hey." I said, smiling back.

"Your daughter would really like these." She told me, handing me a chocolate bar.

Wait she thought Lucy was my daughter? "Oh, um, thanks." I said awkwardly.

"Sure thing." She said before walking out the aisle, past Roxy.

Roxy just stared then shook her head and left the aisle too.

Eventually we were done with all our grocery shopping and left the building. I reached for Lucy's chocolate bar in one of the bags and handed it to her. "Thank you." She said excitedly, opening it and taking a bite.

"Lucy!" Roxy screamed, grabbing the chocolate from her. "Spit it out right now!" She yelled furiously.

Lucy did as she was told and spat the chocolate out. "Wash your mouth." Roxy instructed, handing her a bottle of water.

I couldn't hold it in no more. "What is wrong with you? You're acting like a brat all day!"

Roxy just looked me dead in the eyes.

"You wouldn't get her that doll. So instead I got her a chocolate bar and now you're taking that from her too. Like, how more selfish can you be? Yes I understand you want to teach her discipline but she's just a kid!"

"She's allergic to tree nuts!" She yelled back and I realized my mistake. "Maybe if you weren't chatting another girl up you would have taken some time to check the ingredients."

"Are you serious right now? I wasn't chatting her up, she's the one who recommended the chocolate bar brand."

Roxy laughed sarcastically. "Of course." Is all she said before grabbing Lucy's hand to walk to the car.

I sighed and immediately I felt this broken feeling in my chest. Like Broken glass. I fucked up... big time.

                                        ➪

We walked through the front door and Lucy immediately ran to her room, sobbing loudly.

"Well done, Troy, the savior." Roxy said sarcastically.

I didn't wanna argue with her. It hurt me, so I just kept quiet.

"Oh would you look at this? Her number's on the chocolate bar wrapper. How cute and flirtatious." She threw the wrapper at me before attempting to walk away but I pulled her back by her wrist.

"Oww!" She squirmed in pain. I noticed the cuts on her wrist as the sleeves of her dress shifted slightly.

Then I felt it again, brokenness. "What the fuck is this?!" I pushed her sleeves up to see clean slits on her wrist. "When did you do this? How could you do this shit?!"

She pulled her arm out of my grasp and walked to the kitchen. I followed behind. "Is this because of your dad? You know, he wants to try. He wants to get to know you. I know your time is limited but would you rather want to leave it all behind by acting this selfish way?"

She just looked down awkwardly, keeping quiet.

"Damn, you really broke me today." Is all I said before deciding to leave the house to get fresh air.