CHAPTER 4

*TW: violence/blood*

Y/N's POV

I woke up feeling the coldness of the concrete floor against my face. It served as a temporary pain reliever,  as I soon came to find out that my torturers name was Barnes. 

Sergeant Barnes.

They gave him a couple hours to cool off so he wouldn't kill me. For some reason they still needed me alive. 

Only a couple.

After that they proceed to continue torturing me. I didn't make a single sound except for a few winces here and there. 

While he was still calming down, I took my chance to slowly and carefully cut myself free from the bonds I was tied with. I stood up cautiously, trying not to make any noise.

Why'd I do that, why'd I untie myself. I'm practically useless, I have no idea how to fight yet and I doubt my one karate lesson from the fourth grade was going to come through now. 

I didn't let the fear overcome me. I still had the knife which I could potentially use if i didn't get it taken away from or knocked from my hand. 

I was thinking about just booking it to the exit since I had advanced stamina, and I could keep on running until I was out of sight. 

As I was discussing with my self the different ways I could try and escape they had already brought him back. 

It was time for round two.

Shit.

The men that accompanied him could see that I had freed myself, and just like that, it was as though all of that anger he once had resurfaced within seconds. 

He sprinted towards me, and swung his fist. It managed to connect to my shoulder, as a result I yelped in pain. Seeing this clearly pleased Sergeant Barnes, as a malicious sneer spread across his face. I knew that if I didn't escape right here, right now, I would never see the light of day again. 

I still had the knife. It was in my hand. I just had to figure out how to use it. 

The neck? No, that's too obvious. He'll disarm me in seconds. 

He swings again at me, but misses this time. I make a mad dash behind the metal freight containers that are scattered throughout the warehouse. I need to catch my breath. I need to think. 

Go for the legs. That way, he won't be able to run after you. 

But what if he blocks? 

Then you die. 

What if I aim for his heart?

He could block you and disarm you. Then you would die.

Would you rather die fighting or being a coward?

I get out from behind the freight container and charged towards him. A new found energy surges through me, and I run at him with everything I've got. 

Instead of going for the neck as he suspects, I slide underneath him plunging the knife into his leg. 

He grunts as he pulls the knife from his leg. 

That was his first mistake. 

The blood immediately starts pouring from him, and he begins to lose his balance. He steadies himself before continuing. 

I turn around for a quick second to check my surroundings and before I know he's already football tackled me to the ground.

The wind was knocked out me and it took a second for me to process what had just happened. I kneed him in his balls, making him turn over in agony giving me just enough time to run and climb on top of some of the storage containers.