CHAPTER 8

Loki's POV:

I was afraid.

When I saw her figure behind him my heart stopped beating.

Had I not been there that second, who knows how events could have played out.

Scenarios played and replayed in my head nonstop.

But why?

Why was I out of all people worried about her safety?

She was just a girl. She was Y/N.

Ignorant, and rude. She didn't like being told what to do, even coming from me.

I wanted to go see her.

Her smile was infectious and even though I was never the cause nor did she rarely ever in my presence, it was welcoming.

After being lost in my thoughts for a few brief moments, I finally snapped out of it.

She was just a girl.

I repeated it over and over attempting to convince myself, but there was a part of me that didn't want to.

I needed to shove whatever I was feeling deep down inside me and lock it behind a closed door.

*******

Walking around the courtyard to clear the sentiments from my mind, she came into my view.

Gracefully striding up and down the paths of the garden.

I was about to walk up to her when my arrogant brother beat me to it.

Y/N's POV:

As I admired the gorgeous and flourished gardens that wove around me; I could see a figure from the corner of my eye approaching me.

Just as turned my head to look over my shoulder, a voice came yelling from the other side of me.

"Lady Y/N I'm glad I could catch you before dinner. I wish only to take a moment of your time."

"Oh? what about?"

"I'm journeying back to earth for a bit, and since it's where you are from; I was curious to see If you wish to accompany me?"

"Yes. I would love to. I think my mothers due for a visit."

"Wonderful! We depart tomorrow at noon."

I smile and nodded.

"I'm going to go pack my stuff."

Leaving the garden, I made my way up the palace steps and into the corridor.

I unlocked my door and began packing the few things I was bringing with me.

I had only the torn and thin shirt and pants that I had been brought here in, and they would never do.

I packed a few dresses that ranged from formal and casual depending on what we'd end up doing during the time we were there.

I walked towards the bed and sat down observing every inch of the room that I'd been so fortunate to stay in for the past week.

It was truly a magnificent place.

I gazed around once more before deciding to roam the halls of the palace; as I had done so many nights before.

I could never get enough of the stunning designs and architecture of the palace and its beautiful tall windows that lined every hallway facing the outside.