CHAPTER 13

Y/N's POV:

The adrenaline that coursed through me slowly wore off as the time I was straddled across his body continued. My breath loud and heavy, as the sweat beaded at the edge of my hairline, began to drip.

I won.

I said to myself over and over. A newfound confidence sprouted in my spirit.

I could still feel the pain from my shoulder as it slowly began to stitch itself together.

A smile grew on my lips as he stared back at me.

I had beat the cocky boy-prince Loki Laufeyson. The man with a cold heart.

This was something I could not take lightly. As much as I tried to hide my surprise and pride, my smile grew wider.

Just as I began to feel proud of myself he began to smile as well. That smile soon turned into crazed laughter and right before my eyes he disappeared. One second he was lying underneath me and the next he wasn't.

I had to blink once or twice before I could believe it.

The room fell silent and all I could hear was the sound of my own heartbeat pulsing through my body.

I looked around the mats in confusion.

What the hell.

Then, in the hallway of one of the passages, clapping started. Slow, loud claps echoing off the brick walls.

A tall figure's shadow cast against the stone bricks growing taller as it approached.

I quickly jolted to my feet with the dagger in hand, careful not to make a sound.

With each step it took in its approach, I took one back. Looking behind me, the distance between the wall and my body was becoming closer.

The shadow had disappeared and all that was left was it standing in the doorway or should I say him.

I hadn't realized I had been holding my breath until I felt the heavy exhale when I lowered my weapon.

I slid the dagger back into its sheath "How?"

"Illusions, darling."

Of course. Loki, God of Mischief.

He smiled that same devilish smile. "You didn't actually think I was going to fight you? I have much more pressing matters to attend to than a girls' fight."

I stayed silent.

"You fell for that little trick back there in the library as well. Another illusion, though you believed it well. Did you really think I wanted to kiss you? I wouldn't blame you. If I was in your position and an incredibly handsome, prince I might add gave me the slightest bit of attention I too might fold."

The words stung against my chest. My memory flashed back to the very same moment on the balcony of the ballroom but, I quickly shook away the thought.

"Did you really think I wanted to kiss you?" I bit back "I said no, and last I remembered I told you to stay the hell away from me."

"And yet you didn't tell me to leave when we chatted in the library and you still came to this fight. Why's that?" he spoke crossing his arms over each other.

"I didn't have much choice in the matter did I? Who knows what you would have spread around if I hadn't come." The truth was I hadn't known why I had come. I doubt he had any friends to spread rumours too but, it seemed to be the only convincing answer of why I came.