CHAPTER 20

Y/N's POV:

I woke early.

Not having really slept at all, but no nightmares either. I had hoped that I wouldn't wake up screaming or drenched in sweat if only to save myself the embarrassment of having to explain myself to him.

Not that he'd care anyways. He would probably shrug it off as some human inconvenience.

The sun was shining through the broken and cracked windows and I could hear people going about their days down below.

I was glad to be up earlier then him, and I laid there as he slept. Listening to the sound of his breathing, trying and failing to come up with ways to either strangle or suffocate him.

I decided on neither—realizing the consequences for myself but still debating if it was worth it—and got out of bed, not caring if he heard me or woke up, and dressed to eat breakfast.

It was reassuring having him there—somewhat—knowing that if anyone tried to kill me he might put in the effort to stop them— not that I couldn't defend myself. Just knowing that if I didn't feel like fighting he would defend me only to have yet another reason to mock me and prove himself better.

Anything to boost his ego.

Or he would do the opposite and let me die, only to shame me on my death bed, telling me how useless I was.

Today would be a long day, I have no intentions of returning to the palace yet.

I need to think, I need to be away from people I know— Loki included— although I doubt that'll happen.

So, I might ask him to help me train. Teach me things from a different point of view then Sif and the warriors three. Also to distract myself from the roaring thoughts in my mind. Focus on the aching muscles and the stances.

I shut the door to the room, the creaking of the wood loud enough to wake the entire inn. I knew he was awake. No one could have been sleeping while I as was loud as I was and not woken up.

I went down the stairs and sat down at the same table at the back— secluded and empty. A plate of eggs was placed in front of me. I took one bite of the mushy unlike egg substance and decided I'd rather not find out what was actually in them. I picked at them for a while, my mind finally blank.

I watched as people came in and out of the inn and noticed a small cat bed in the far corner of the room, after a few minutes, decided to go back up the stairs since people watching was beginning to bore me.

I hesitated before entering, not sure if I would be confronted about what happened last night or if he would go about his day as normal.

Or both.

I didn't have the time to decided if I wanted to witness either before the door swung open. He stood tall in the door way.

"Where were you?" he questioned, he was dressed finely and his hair was already done.

"That is none of your concern." I know I shouldn't be difficult but where's the fun in that?

He scoffs and shakes his head, "Well not far clearly considering you've been gone a solid five minutes."

"Then why bother asking?" I say as I push past him and into the room.

He says nothing as he turns around and shuts the door behind him. Walking after me as I head towards the bed.

I watch him watching me out of the corner of my eye as I place the pillows back in place and make the bed.

"You don't have to watch my every move, your an adult—a god— as you love to say. Go do something godly and not in my vicinity."