CHAPTER 10

Y/N's POV:

The bright daylight poured through my window. The rising sun cast a pink glow over the morning sky. Sunlight's golden fingertips warmed the scene in front of me. The just-raised sun shone glisteningly on the streets of New York as the traffic flowed smoothly below.

The reminiscents of the night before still fresh in my mind.

God, what had gotten into me?

I tossed and turned, throwing the warm blankets off of the bed.

How could I let myself act like that? He was a killer. I shouldn't have been so careless.

I felt weak. I had let myself do what I told myself not to.

Let him get close to me.

I stood up; regret was the only thing that crossed my mind. Walking towards the bathroom, I grabbed a pair of clothes put out for me to put on afterward.

I turned the nozzle to the shower to hot and let it warm up before I stepped in.

The steaming water poured down my back as it relaxed my tense muscles. Just for a moment, I felt relieved.

All the worry and stress rolled off me with the water. I quickly finished cleaning myself up before getting out of the shower.

I grabbed the towel from on top of the sink counter and wrapped it around myself. I walked out of the bathroom, drying myself off and then got dressed. I brushed my hair out, swaying it back and forth to make it less slicked down.

I walked over to the bedroom door, turning it slowly and pulling it open.

My head was turned facing down, not focusing on what was in front of me. I took a step forward before bumping into a hard surface.

"Good morning, lady Y/N. I came to see if you were awake."

"Oh gosh, good morning. I wasn't paying attention. I'm sorry."

I looked up to see him smiling as per usual.

"Everyone is gathered in the main area of this floor. Would you care to join?"

"Uh...Yeah."

I followed him out of the hallway into the living area. As I walked in, a few new people were seated at the table. They looked up at me as I walked to an empty seat beside Tony.

"Sorry to interrupt. Carry on with what you were saying," I said as everyone turned to look at me,

"How are you feeling, kid?" Tony asked in a whisper.

"Better."

Tony then pushed himself up from his seat and began talking to the room. "A few of you may not know that we have a guest here," He said as everyone's eyes turned towards me. "This is Y/N. Y/N meet Wanda, Vision, Sam and so on."

"Thanks, Tony." an irritated voice called out from the far end of the table. "I'm James Rhodes but, everyone calls me Rhodey." he finished eyeing Tony from across the table.

"Oh, Rhodey, I didn't even notice you were here."

"It's nice to meet you guys," I said.

"Are you planning on staying here, Y/N?" I heard Wanda say.

"I'm not sure yet; I'm supposed to be going to my mother's today or tomorrow but, I'd love to stay longer if you guys will have me."

"Oh, for sure. It's always nice to have new people around here. You'll fit in perfectly."