CHAPTER 26

Y/N's POV:

I could see the tall, grey architecture of the Stark tower as my car pulled up in front of it. 

It looked the same as it had before, only a few adjustments to the sign. It was renamed while I was gone no longer the Stark Tower but the Avengers new base.

As I got out of the car I couldn't help but notice the all familiar smell in the air of the city. It's cold out now and winter is coming, I could feel it as the chilled breeze brushed past me. 

I pulled my grey cardigan over my shoulders as the driver took my suitcase from the trunk. I didn't bring luggage but someone had packed a bag for me, the dresses in Asgard didn't seem as though they were the proper attire for earth. 

I walked over to the front entrance of the tower. Peering into the lobby, staff bustled around the crowded and busy area. I pushed open the doors and stepped inside.

I was knocked off balance by someone, sending the papers they held flying. I quickly turned to them to find him already crouched on the ground attempting to pick them up. 

I crouched as well, "I am so sorry, that was completely my fault." I began pilling the few papers left in front of me in a neat pile on my lap. 

"No no, that was on me. I shouldn't walk so close to the entrance." he stood, towering over me. A brown curl falling in front of his face as he swept it away and pushed up the circular glasses on the bridge of his nose. 

I stood handing the papers to him and sticking out a hand, "Y/N Gray." 

"Professor Violet." he replied. 

"Nice to meet you, although I hoped the circumstances had been better." 

"As do I... I should be going." he said as he turned and walked in the opposite direction of where he'd been headed in the first place. 

I nodded to myself and grabbed the handle of my luggage. 

"You sure know how to make an entrance." came a voice from behind.

I knew that voice. 

I knew that voice very well. 

I turned to face him, my hands cupping my mouth in shock. 

"Oh my god." I whispered, a choked cry coming from my throat. 

He only smiled and opened his arms to me. I didn't waste a second as I practically  jumped into them. 

His all familiar smell wrapped around me as I breathed him in. I couldn't believe it. It felt surreal to have him standing here after everything that had happened. I squeezed him a little tighter as if afraid he would just disappear. 

It was one thing knowing he was back and safe, but to actually be in his presence myself was something completely different. I couldn't hide the smile that bloomed on my face as I stood there, his arms wrapped around me just as tight as if he felt the same. 

"I can't believe it's you." he whispered, his voice now hoarse. 

My hand made its way to the back of his head pulling him even closer. I couldn't stop myself from shaking as silent tears began to fall down my face. I rested my head in the crook of his neck and could feel his shirt now damp from my tears. 

I pulled away, my hands holding his cheeks. I looked at him and smiled. Something inside of me felt at ease, a warmth spilling from my heart that I couldn't contain. I brushed my thumb against the stubble that began to form on his cheeks and placed my forehead against his.