CHAPTER 30

I was brought back to a time and place I had thought had been forgotten. A time where my mother's life had been on the line and I had thought I could do something to stop it, something to give her more time. And a place where all my nightmares had come true, or at least I thought they were, but who really knows when people can make them for you. Spin them in their favour.

I didn't let my shock or fear show as I was dragged from the where I was sitting and into an all familiar cell in the centre of a room I'd tried to wipe from my memory countless times. Nor did I speak when I was spoken to, or when I was antagonized.

"Ever the fearless Y/N. I think it's suiting that you no longer cry when I'm around you, but I do have to give you credit, your mom was shot in front of you at the time. But, was she really your mother? I think i'll save that chat for another time."

Silence.

"That's quite fine actually if you prefer not to talk, it saves me the time and energy." he paced back and forth in front of the cell, thinking of what he would say next.

I could only imagine the form of torture he would hope to inflict on me if only to get the time back that he lost when I was stolen from him before.

He clapped his hands in front him, a smile growing on his wrinkled face, "Let's begin, shall we?" he snapped his fingers, an echo of the gesture ricocheting off the walls.

Doors swung open, banging against the concrete walls as no other than James Barnes walked through the entrance. His eyes remained on mine as he came to stand beside Dr. Broussard. If that hadn't been shocking enough, Professor Violet followed suit.

My only reaction was a few blinks, as I carefully kept my face calm to hide the shock and what felt like a little betrayal.

"Originally, Professor Violet was supposed to be a spy on the inside. My little secret weapon. Then, your father approached me, and well... who would give up the opportunity for a little family reunion. Especially under the circumstances." he smiled.

What did he want me to say? That I was surprised or shocked that the person who merely assisted in my creation betrayed me? The short answer is no. Now he could taunt me, and try to antagonize me as much as he wanted, but it would only be a waste of his time.

Bucky— or should I say my father, stepped forward and pulled back the mask concealing his face and tossed it to the side. Now this, this has been slightly more shocking, although I was glad that it hadn't been Bucky who I'd seen kissing that girl on the balcony.

I finally spoke up, "If you think by bringing him here, and having him help you with your plans to capture me would affect me, I'm sorry but you've been mistaken. My trust issues and loneliness from my underlying daddy issues were dealt with in the 7th grade by my school counsellor, Brenda." 

"How unfortunate? Anyways, continuing on," another snap of his fingers and whiteboard on wheels was pushed towards him, on it were photographs I could barely see from my position attached by red string, "We followed your movements for quite some time now. Professor Violet was supposed to be at the Avengers Tower longer but, due to some... complications... I had to bring you in sooner." side eyeing both my father, and Professor Violet as he finished.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I don't plan on letting you out of here alive."

Obviously.

I knew he wouldn't let me leave here, no matter what I say or what I do. So, might as well make the remaining time interesting.

"You know what? Since I need to explain my plan in detail, might as well just start at the beginning, right? I don't want to spend any extra time answering your questions anyway, although I doubt that will be the case."