CHAPTER 6

Y/N's POV

"Sorry, where are my manners. Your highness," I say letting the sarcasm roll off my tongue. "My deepest apologies." I finish while bowing slowly as I fake smile.

"That's not how-"

"I'm sorry to cut this short, but there really is somewhere I must be." and with that, I walked away not bothering to look behind me.

When I arrived at the training field Sif and Thor were already there with the warriors three sparing.

"Ah lady Y/N so nice of you to finally join us," Thor yelled enthusiastically.

They all turned to face me as I came running down the steps of the palace.

'I'm sorry for being late, I overslept and then ran into your ass of a brother." I said as I began putting on the armor they left out for me.

"Loki's here? I didn't know he was back yet."

"On my way here I bumped into him, and anyway he wasn't happy about it. Now enough about why I'm late, let's start."

We spared for a bit rotating every time someone knocked their opponent to the ground. I won a few times mostly because everyone went easy on me seeing as it was my first time.

After an hour or two I was starting to get the hang of it. It was my turn against Sif. I picked up the sword that had been thrown to the ground in front of me. We eyed each other for a moment before we began.

After rotating swings and blocks at one another for a minute or so, the battle began to heat up.

She ran at me with her sword to my side as I blocked it before kicking my front leg to hit the back of hers; knocking her off balance.

Before she fell I grabbed hold of her wrist, preventing her from hitting the ground.

"I win," I said attempting to catch my breath.

"That was good," she replied just as out of breath as I was "you almost had me for a second there."

I turned around to put my sword back in its sheath when the same black slicked-back hair caught my eye just before it disappeared behind a golden pillar.

Was he watching me this whole time?

"C'mon Y/N, let's clean up before lunch," Sif called out.

"Coming."

I dismissed it and ran to catch up with the rest of them.

After putting away my armor and sword, I headed to my room to freshen up before lunch.

After about 10 minutes I was locking up my room to head down to the dining hall.

When I arrived my eyes immediately began searching around the large room filled with tables upon tables of food, for the familiar faces of my friends.

After searching around the room for what seemed like a million times, I found Sif in one of the corners of the room waving me down.

I made my way over to her before sitting down at the table with the five of them.

The table was covered with a wide variety of assorted fruits, vegetables, and meats. My mouth began salivating just looking at it.

I piled random things I'd never tried before onto my plate and began eating and conversing with my friends around me.

"You know one of my favorite things to do back home during this time is skating, you guys should try it, it's so much fun."

"What is skating?" Volstagg asked.