1.23 - Leo And I have No Self Control

I was cold.

      I was cold, in pain, and miserable, to be specific.

      Hedge and I woke everyone up, and I do admit I was glad I didn't have to be dunked in water, but it had still rained, and I was still freezing.

      I felt Leo come behind me, wrapping a blanket around me and sitting next to me. "Leo..." I groaned dramatically, leaning back to put my head in his lap. "I don't like the cold."

      "I've noticed, princess." He teased, making me blush red. I assumed he was referring to his rant earlier about Jason and I being prince and princess of the universe.

      Piper was still out, and Jason was asleep, so I looked up at Leo shyly. "Leo?? What are we?"

      "I- uh... I dunno, Lara." He said nervously. "I mean we've always been best friends-"

      "But now we're best friends who kissed." I finished, taking a deep breath. I stared up at him, and he looked back at me.

      "I really like you, Lara, like a lot." Leo said, running a hand through his hair. "And I get it if you don't like me back, I mean I'm not buff like that Lit dude and I'm definitely not heroic but-"

      "Leo," I cut him off. "Of course I like you back, idiot. Like a lot."

      "So like... does that mean we're like... together?" Leo asked, and I gave him a fake clueless expression, grinning.

      "I mean I don't recall you asking me, repair boy."

      "Would you, Elara Jackson, most beautiful of them all, princess of the sky, lover of all things nerdy, and absolute sword fighting queen, do me the utter honor of becoming my girlfriend?" Leo said dramatically, grinning down at me.

      "Leo Valdez," I said, sitting up so that I was in his lap facing him. "I would love to."

      And so we kissed... that is, until we were interrupted.

      "Oh gods above, I did not need to see that." Jason groaned, and Leo and I jumped, pulling apart.

      "Way to ruin the moment, bro." Leo said as I turned around to face Jason, still sitting in his lap.

      "Look, I'm glad you two are together and all, even if you should've waited until after the quest. But Leo, if you could refrain from eating my sister's face while I'm around, I would appreciate it."

      Leo gave Jason a mock salute. "Aye, aye captain."

      "And Leo?"

      "Yeah, bro?"

      "Hurt her and I electrocute you."

      "Got it." Leo says, raising his arms defensively.

      We engaged in small talk, before Piper finally woke up.

      "Oh, god." Her teeth chattered. "He turned me to gold!" 

      "You're okay now." Jason leaned over and tucked a warm blanket around her, causing me to grin. Piper blinked, looking like she was trying to figure out where we were. She looked at the campfire blazing next to us, and the walls of the cave that we all sat huddled in.

      "L-L-Leo? Lar-r-ra?" Piper managed. 

     "Present and un-gold-ified." Leo said, smiling at her from above me. "I got the precious metal treatment too, so did Jason." he said. "But I came out of it faster. Dunno why. We had to dunk you in the river to get you back completely. Tried to dry you off, but..."