1.26 - My Boyfriend's Smoking Hot

When we got to Piper and Coach Hedge, I was relieved to see that Piper looked back to normal, decked out in a new parka, gloves, and camo pants like a Hunter. She, Coach, and Phoebe were kicking back, drinking hot chocolate.

"Oh, no way," Leo said. "We've been sitting in a cave and you get the luxury tent? Somebody give me hypothermia. I want hot chocolate and a parka!"

Phoebe sniffed. "Boys," she said, like it was the worst insult she could think of. I giggled, sniffling a bit in the cold.

"It's all right, Phoebe," Thalia said. "They'll need extra coats. And I think we can spare some chocolate."

I waved at Phoebe. "Hiya, Phoebe." I smiled. "Long time no see."

Phoebe was not in the mood for smiles.

I huffed, rubbing my arms. Soon, Leo, Jason, and I were also dressed in silvery winter clothes that were incredibly lightweight and warm. I had also been treated, despite my protests, for my ankle and whatever sickness the cold gave me and I felt much much better.

I leave all the fancy doctory words and diagnoses stuff to smarter people.

The hot chocolate was absolutely amazing. "Cheers!" said Coach Hedge. He crunched down his plastic thermos cup. I smiled, thinking of Grover.

"That cannot be good for your intestines," Leo muttered in my ear.

Thalia patted Piper on the back. "You up for moving?" Piper nodded.

"Thanks to Phoebe, yeah. You guys are really good at this wilderness survival thing. I feel like I could run ten miles."

Thalia winked at Jason. "She's tough for a child of Aphrodite. I like this one." She sent Jason an approving look, that reminded me of when she finally approved of Percy and Annabeth together.

"Hey, I could run ten miles too," Leo volunteered. "Tough Hephaestus kid here. Let's hit it."

Naturally, Thalia ignored him, which caused me to laugh as she sent a wink my way. It took Phoebe exactly six seconds to break camp, which was hard to believe. It takes me at least six minutes to make my bed.

The tent self-collapsed into a square the size of a pack of chewing gum. Thalia ran uphill through the snow, hugging a tiny little path on the side of the mountain, and after telling Leo that I'd be right back, I trudged to the front to spend one on one time with my sister.

"Come on Valdez, pick up the pace!" I heard Coach yell at my boyfriend. "I... got a girl in Kalamazoo—"

"Let's not," Thalia snapped. So we ran in silence.

I grinned at her. "You play a good scary leader lady." I laughed.

She nodded appreciatively, before pausing and then addressing me again. "So, you and the latino elf are a thing?"

I nodded, letting out a breathy laugh. "As of about a day ago, yes." She looked at me incredulously.

"You would think the two of you had grown up together from how close you are."

"I mean we've been best friends for like a year now." I paused. "He's a really sweet guy, Thals."

"Aww, Lara's first boy." Thalia mocked, before doing a faux pause. "Wait no, wasn't it you and Connor Stoll who got caught kissing behind the Apollo cabin?"

"It was a one time thing." I grumbled. "We are now just friends."

"Okay number one, it was definitely not just one time. And it definitely still counts little sis."