1.34- Welp... We Found Hera....

I woke up in a daze, but my mind instantly cleared as I noticed the sleet around us.

"An ice storm?" I heard Piper shout over the engine and the wind. "Is it supposed to be this cold in Sonoma?"

"Are you sure you didn't take a wrong turn and bring us to the North Pole instead?" I exclaimed, turning to my boyfriend in panic.

Leo simply shrugged, visibly panicked at the state of the weather outside. Behind me, Jason woke up, crawling forward and grabbing my shoulder for balance.

"We've got to be getting close."

"No, Jason, the weather decided to do it's own thing for some other reason." I responded with rolled eyes. Beside me Leo was struggling. He was grasping for controls, and soon our altitude began to drop. Leo recovered, pulling us up and just barely missing a clearing of trees.

"There!" Jason shouted. I turned to see what he was looking at, and noticed a building in the middle of a small valley. I had to squint to see it, but it was there, which was good enough for me. The storm was detrimental, even for a daughter of Zeus, and I gripped my hands tightly as Leo aimed the helicopter straight for the building.

Lightning flashed, the wind howled, and miraculously our helicopter landed. Leo shut the engine off as we landed in the icy grass, and we took one calm breath in... before we got attacked again.

In less than a minute there was a whistling sound, a dark shape flying towards us, and Leo's voice screaming "Out!" We somehow managed to dive out of the helicopter like Olympic swimmers, and had barely made it out when there was a loud noise and ice exploding around us.

I didn't get up at first, the exhaustion and cold making my body feel like it weighed far more than usual.

"Lara?!" I heard Leo yell, the sound muffled in my ears.

"I'm here!" I yelled, pushing myself up. I noticed him a couple feet away from me, and Jason came running over to us.

"You all right?" He asked, Piper by his side.

"Yeah." Leo shivered, helping me up. "Guess we owe that ranger lady a new helicopter."

I glanced over at the helicopter to see the largest snowball that I had ever seen... and I'm from New York.

Piper pointed south. "Fighting's over there." I focused on the noise, confused, before frowning.

"No... I think it's all around us."

The snowstorm made it hard to tell, but there seemed to be fighting everywhere around us. The building behind us was in ruins, and slightly gave me the creeps, but I wasn't going to let that bother me.

"Jason! Elara!?" a voice called.

Thalia.

My sister appeared from the chaos around us, her usual Artemis parka completely covered with snow.

While Thalia was armed with her bow, she only had a few arrows left. We found out why moments later, when she began to run toward us before stopping.  An Earthborn chose that moment to chase her with clubs in all six of it's hands.

I drew my sword as Leo yelled "Look out!" Now, we were going to help Thalia. Thalia, in fact, did not need said help.  She instead just did a super cool flip thing that ended with the ogre getting a silver arrow right between the eyes. Welp. We tried (not really).

Thalia stood and grabbed her arrow, frowning when she realized the point had snapped off. "That was my last one." She grumbled, kicking the pile of clay that was once an Earthborn. "Stupid ogre."