2.7- Emotional Rollercoasters

As soon as we landed Leo had grabbed my wrist tightly. I had shrugged him off, going to help carry the large sheet of stolen hammered bronze.

"Gods of Olympus." Piper stared at Leo and I as we appeared in Jason's doorway. "What the hell happened to you?"

I looked between us, realizing that Leo's 'badboy' appearance and my smeared lipstick may have made for an interesting sight.

"Long story," Leo answered. "Others back?"

"Not yet," Piper said.

"Shit." Leo cursed, before noticing Jason sitting up, causing his face to brighten. "Hey, man! Glad you're better. Ellie and I'll be in the engine room."

"No I will not." I said firmly, rolling my eyes. I was still pissed.

"Yes. You will." Leo said firmly, grabbing my arm.

"Leo Valdez let me go, I swear." I struggled in his grip, turning back to the three who watched with wide eyes. "I'm being kidnapped. Jason help me!" I yelled towards my brother, who seemed more concerned about Leo and I than my kidnapping.

Leo lead me to the engine room, the piece of bronze in his hand. "What the hell is your problem?" He asked, turning to look at me.

"My problem?" I gaped at him. "You're one to talk. I'm not the one who's been flirting with other people all day."

Leo's eyebrows furrowed. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"All day I've had to stand there awkwardly while you've been having moments with other girls."

"Having moments? El—" Leo's face dropped. "Oh." A look of realization dawned on his face. "Is this about Echo? 'Cuz I swear it wasn't like that, El."

"It's not just about Echo." I exclaimed, my eyes welling up. "Ever since we've gotten to New Rome I've had to sit back and watch you with Hazel, who's practically obsessed with you. Then Nemesis shows up with the face of my dead mom, and not more than two seconds later are you fawning over Echo."

"Ellie."

"No, Leo, I'm sick of it. The past few days have been some of the hardest and craziest of my life, and now all of a sudden it's like you've given up on me."

"Ellie please don't say that." Leo said, cutting off my rant. "I love you. Not Hazel or Echo. You're literally all I think about. I'm sorry if I made you feel differently and I'm sorry if I've been a shitty boyfriend, but I promise that I had no idea that you felt that way. I didn't even notice Hazel like that and I didn't realize she made you feel uncomfortable."

"Of course you didn't." I mumbled. "You've been distant all day."

"I-" Leo looked down. "I didn't want to hurt you again."

"Hurt me?"

"I'm not blind, Elara, and I know you aren't either. I burned you. I gave you third degree burns and watched as you screamed for me to stop. Every time I look at that mark I made on your face I just want to fucking stab myself. You don't think I saw you flinch earlier? It kills me to know that I did that to you... that I ever did something that caused you to become afraid of me. I'm so scared that something's going to happen and I'm going to black out again or accidentally hurt you. It kills me, El."

Both Leo and I had tears falling down our faces, and regardless of how upset I had been with him a few seconds ago, I rushed forward, wrapping my arms around his neck tightly.

"You won't hurt me," I murmured. "I know you won't." I inhaled his sweet, smoky scent, burrowing my face in his shoulder. "I'm sorry I was a jealous bitch." I said, laughing breathily as I clung to Leo like a lifeline.