2.8- Nightmares, Siblings, and Wine Dudes

I hated trying to sleep. Ever since I was a kid I had been an insomniac, and either had the hardest time falling asleep or got to enjoy nightmares when I did fall asleep.

      I tossed and turned, starting to sweat. I was too hot, but then I was too cold, but then I was too hot again. Finally I sat up, absolutely giving up on the concept of sleep.

      I glanced around my room, before a slightly terrible idea popped into my head.

      Coah had finished rounds and was sleeping in his cabin. Hopefully. So, all I had to do was sneak past everyone's doors without waking them up... and I can fly.

       I carefully opened the door, hovering lightly as I made my way down the hall and towards the control room. The door was slightly propped open, as I knew it would be, and Leo was sprawled out in his chair, his legs propped against part of the control panel and a blanket covering his lap.

      I let myself lower to the ground, and a slight thud sounded out as I hit the floor. Leo's head snapped towards me.

      "Lara?" He exclaimed in a whisper.

      "Hey." I said sheepishly, sending him a small wave.

      Leo removed his feet from the control panel, crossing his arms. "If Coach Hedge catches you in here after curfew he's going to kill you."

      "Keyword: 'if'." I smirked. "Luckily, my love, I am an expert on not getting caught."

      "Why are you even up anyway?"

"Couldn't sleep..." I shrugged. "I dunno, I get really bad night terrors and sleep paralysis sometimes and I guess my brain is subconsciously trying to keep me from falling asleep."

Leo's face fell into a frown. "I didn't know the night terrors were that bad, El. I would've helped if I knew that."

"I- there's nothing you could really do anyway. I didn't want you to stress about something that you can't control..."

      Leo simply stared at me, blinking. Then, he opened his arms up, lifting up the blanket on his lap. "Come here, hermosa."

      I made my way towards him, and once I reached him, I pulled myself into his embrace, curling up in his arms. Leo pulled the blanket back over us and I shifted in his grip. My arms moved to wrap around his waist and I buried my head in his chest.

      "I love you." I mumbled softly, and as his thumb ran circles along my back he replied.

      "I love you too. More than anything on the planet."

      And with that I drifted off, my body and mind completely satisfied with all that is Leo Valdez.

~~

"Lara, baby..." Leo's voice filled my ears as I felt myself start to wake up.

"Go back to sleep."

"How about we move you to your room first so that we don't get murdered by Coach Hedge and your brother."

"Percy wouldn't... well... I'm going to get up now." I sat up, and the boy snuck a quick kiss to my forehead.

I snuck my way back to my room, and started to get ready for the day, changing and brushing my hair.

       "RISE AND SHINE SIS!" Percy's obnoxious voice rung out.

      The dark haired boy threw my door open, doing a double take when he realized I wasn't asleep.

      "Why the hell are you up?"