1.32- Rollercoaster of Emotions

Jason was about to die. A giant fire-breathing giant was about to impale him and he was simply laying there helplessly.

     But, thank the gods, Leo had a plan. Not a great plan, but I was willing to take anything at this point. "Heads up!"  He yelled, before launching his cannon-like device, and a massive black metal wedge slammed at Enceladus, which caused the giant to topple over into the pit.

      Like I said, not his best plan, but definitely not his worst.

      "Nailed it!" Leo exclaimed, wrapping his arms around me excitedly.

      Piper ran to go help Jason, as Leo and I stood there, his arms still wrapped around me and his chin resting on my head as we watched Piper and Jason nervously.

      Suddenly there was a yell that caused the mountains to tremble. The noise caused me to jump, and Leo's arms tightened around me.

      Then Enceladus stood, golden ichor flowing out of his wounds. I pulled out my sword just in case, still refusing to move from Leo's grasp. Shakily, the giant bent down to grab his spear. 

      "Good try." He boomed, wincing. "But I cannot be beaten."  Before our eyes, his wounds and armor mended, the flow of ichor stopping.

      Leo and I ran to Jason and Piper, glancing up at the giant. "Shit." Leo cursed. "What is it with this guy? Like come on, die already!" 

      Enceladus didn't seem to care. "My fate is preordained," he simply said. "Giants cannot be killed by gods or heroes."

      And that's when I got it.

      "Only by both," I said, gasping as it dawned on me. The giant's smile faltered. "That's it, right? Gods and heroes have to work together... it's supposed to make it impossible to kill you. Gods, I'm a genius!" I said excitedly.

      Look, I know that I'm getting excited, but I don't get a lot of smart moments, so cut me a break.

      "You will not live long enough to try!" The giant started stumbling up the crater's slope, trying to get out of the pit he was in. 

      "Anyone happen to have a god handy?" Leo asked. 

      I did not.

      Jason, of course, seemed to have already made a plan. "Leo," he said, "if you've got a rope in that tool belt, get it ready." 

      And then Jason lunged for the giant. Without weapons. "Enceladus!" Piper yelled. "Look behind you!" Now let me say, I'm not one to judge, but that trick was so obvious that even I could see through it. But, with Piper's charmspeak it was almost believable.

      The giant said, "What?" and turned like someone had just told him he had a spider on his back. Then Jason full on tackled his legs, causing the giants to lose his balance.

      Hey it may have been chaotic, but it worked, so.

      Enceladus slammed into the crater and slid to the bottom. While he tried to get himself back up, Jason wrapped his arms around the giant's neck. Once the monster was standing up, he was more focused on frantically trying to get my brother off of him. "Get off!" Enceladus screamed.

      Suddenly, I felt it. Now I don't know what Jason did, but something happened. The sky instantly darkened, the giant froze, and a familiar metallic scent filled the air. I heard Jason yell "Hit the deck!"

      Leo and I dove down, still holding each other. And then... Crack! There was a bolt of lightning that caused everything to rumble around us. Jason was thrown back, and so was the giant. Leo tightened his hold on me, his head resting in the crook of my neck as he shielded me from the chaos.