1.9 - Jason Doesn't Know How To Be An Overprotective Brother

"What's your problem?" Leo asked me, and I crossed my arms, rolling my eyes.

"What makes you think I have a problem?" I asked, causing Leo to grin sarcastically.

"Nothing really, you know just the eye rolling, huffing, and crossing your arms." He shot, and I rolled my eyes again, causing him to give me a triumphant gaze.

"I don't have a problem! I just- I just don't like the cold."

"Sure." Leo scoffed, obviously not believing me. He then completely skipped gears. "Hey, do you think Khione would go out with me?"

I gaped at him. "You want to go out with that?" I asked. "She's obviously a stuck-up brat."

Leo turned to me, wagging a figure. "If I didn't know any better, Lara, I'd say you were jealous."

I widened my eyes, staring at the boy. "I'm not jealous of Snow White!"

"Whatever you say, tormentosa."

"What does that even mean?" I asked, remembering how he had called me it earlier. "It doesn't sound nice."

"Stormy." He smirked, causing me to glare at him.

"You're a pain in the ass, Leo Valdez." I muttered.

"Aww, you know you love me, Stormy."

"Debatable." I went to tell him something else, when my brother and Piper walked down the stairs, after snapping something at Ice Princess, who stormed up the stairs. Literally. As in, she turned into a blizzard halfway up.

Leo's face fell. "What happened up there? You made her mad? Is she mad at me too? Guys, that was my prom date!" I scowled, elbowing him.

"We'll explain later." Piper said, glancing at Jason, who looked very unnerved.

"Yeah, we'll explain later," he agreed.

"Be careful, pretty girl," warned Rockstar. "The winds between here and Chicago are bad-tempered. Many other evil things are stirring. I am sorry you will not be staying. You would make a lovely ice statue, in which I could check my reflection."

"Thanks," Piper said. "But I'd sooner play hockey with Cal."

"Hockey?" Cal's eyes lit up, and I sort of felt bad for him.

"Joking," Piper said. "And the storm winds aren't our worst problem, are they?"

"Oh, no," Rockstar agreed. "Something else. Something worse."

"Worse," Cal echoed. Just great. Of course, it's always worse.

"Can you tell me?" Piper tried with a smile.

The two Boreads shook their heads in unison, and the hangar opened as Festus stomped his feet impatiently.

"Ask Aeolus what is worse," Zethes said darkly. "He knows. Good luck."

       Cal patted Leo and I on the shoulder. "Don't get destroyed," he said, which looking back was probably one of the longest sentences he'd ever attempted. "Next time—hockey. Pizza."

       "You got it, big guy." I shivered.

       "Come on, guys." Jason said, staring out at the dark. "Let's go to Chicago and try not to get destroyed."

~~~

       "I still can't believe Khione," Leo groaned from atop Festus. "She looked so nice." 

       "Trust me, man," Jason said. "Snow may be pretty, but up close it's cold and nasty. We'll find you a better prom date. If worse comes to worse, you and Elara can go together."

       I choked on air, doing a double take, and even though I was freezing cold, I could feel my cheeks heat up. "Me and Leo?" I spit out. "That's ridiculous."

       "Yeah, ridiculous." Leo repeated after me, as Jason simply shook his head smirking.

       "You're my big brother!" I exclaimed. "You're not supposed to be okay with this! You've had fifteen years of built up overprotectiveness! Use it."

       Jason simply smirked. "You guys are gonna have cute kids."

      I choked yet again as we all fell silent. Leo eventually passed back some sandwiches, and I eventually dozed off, leaning forward against Leo. But not because I liked him or anything... he was just there. Right?

~~~

       I didn't exactly dream. Well, I did dream, but it wasn't a dream. It was more of a... memory. In fact, it was one of my favorite memories.

       "PERSEUS JACKSON IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME THOSE BACK I SWEAR TO THE GODS I WILL MURDER YOU!"

       I chased Percy along the Great Lawn, as he stuck his tongue out at me.

       "I'm hungry! Thanks, shortie!" He yelled back, taking a huge bite out of MY blue cookie.

       You may be confused. You see, our mom (technically my Aunt Sally but who in Hades cares), sends each of us a package of blue cookies once a month during the summer.

       Percy, being the pig of a person he is, eats all of his pretty fast. I, on the other hand, like to save mine for certain days, and make them last. Long story short, Percy stole my cookie.

       I caught up to my cousin and jumped on his back, causing him to grunt, but catch me quickly. "That is my property you pig!"

       "I'm not a pig!" He exclaimed in offense, walking with me still on his back.

       "If the shoe fits, wear it." I shot back at him, when suddenly Percy sped up and before I knew it he had jumped in the lake. With me on his back.

~~~

Just as I should've hit the water, I shot awake. We were falling out of the sky.

Also I'm debating over changing Jason's fc to Thomas Kuc... idk