1.4 - That Dam Notebook

As soon as I stepped into Cabin Three, I wanted to cry. I had spent many a night here after not being able to fall asleep in my cabin.

I looked around, instinctively making my way to Percy's bed. It looked untouched... the bed wasn't made, but then again Percy's bed never was. I sat on the bed and looked around, looking at some pictures Percy had around the bed. I smiled slightly as I found one of my favorites, a picture of Percy and I from almost a year ago.

We were at our apartment, sitting on the couch, Percy's arm around me. Looking at the picture, I could see why everyone thought we were biological siblings. We had the same facial features, the only difference being that I had my mother's brown hair, and blue eyes that I could only guess were from my father.

People used to think it was odd that I called him my brother, but I thought of it like this: my 'Aunt Sally' had raised me since I was 1 and a half... I think she deserved the title of Mom.

I was about to get up, when I noticed a small journal. I smiled a bit, knowing what it was already. I had gotten Percy the journal a year ago for Christmas. I had written the words 'this is my dam journal' along the cover, simply because I couldn't resist.

I could practically hear Percy complaining to me about how 'cool guys don't keep diaries'... so, I told him that instead he could write me letters in it about his day.

I flipped through the journal absentmindedly, before a date stuck out to me. September 23....
The day after I left.

I took a deep breath, before reading it.
'Ellie... Today I woke up to find your bed empty... Annabeth found your note. It's hard to think right now. I just want you back home. I want you safe. Come home, Elara.

October 2
Ellie, after more than a week, you finally IMed us. I don't think I've ever felt more relieved.
I begged you to come back El, but you told me that you wanted to keep us safe, and you couldn't go back to a place with such horrific memories. I wish you could see that I'm trying to do the same.

October 16
Ellie, Mom just called me and told me you got arrested for shoplifting. All I wanted to do was be there for you. I wish I could just sit with you, and tell you everything's going to be alright.
The court ruled to send you to a boarding school in Nevada. Please just come back to me El. I don't care how long it takes. I'll contact you as much as possible for now, but just come back, Elara. I'm begging you.'

I didn't realize I was crying until my tears dropped onto my arm. I wiped my eyes, putting the journal away. I had to get ready for the campfire.

I left Percy's cabin and walked to mine. I opened the door and chills ran down my spine. It was the same as when I left it. Cold and empty with a single cot shoved in the corner where I slept.

I looked under my bed and was relieved to see I still fit my old clothes. Changing out of my current clothing, I put on a pair of black jeans and my camp t-shirt, feeling my necklace absentmindedly. It felt like I was a camper again. Like I was at home...

I instantly shook the thought from my head. This place wouldn't ever be home until Percy was here.

~~~

       I forgot how much I missed campfires at Camp Halfblood, with everyone acting silly and carefree. I had gone sit with Annabeth, seeing as I didn't exactly have a cabin to sit with.

       I noticed Leo sitting with the Hephaestus cabin, and met his gaze, sticking my tongue out at him. He grinned, waving at me slightly.