2.6- The Ladies Love a Badboy... a Little too Much

Leo's plan was both hilarious and concerning. We instantly got to work as Leo summoned some breath mints and a pair of welding goggles from his tool belt. Leo handed me the breath mints after popping one in his mouth.

      "What's this for?" I asked, raising my eyebrow as I put it in my mouth.

      "This." Leo grabbed my face, pulling it towards him and connecting our mouths. After our, rather heated, kiss, Leo rolled up the sleeves of his shirt and handed me some machine oil to help grease back his hair.

      He stuck a wrench in his back pocket and had Hazel draw a tattoo on his biceps with a marker: HOT STUFF, with a skull and crossbones.

       Then he pulled a small tube of red lipstick out of his pocket, handing it to me with a wink.

      "What in the world are you thinking?" I asked with a laugh, blushing as I put the substance on my lips.

      "I try not to think," Leo admitted. "It interferes with being nuts. Hazel, concentrate on moving that Celestial bronze. Ellie, Echo, you ready?"

       "Ready," we repeated.

       "One last thing." I said, reaching up to give him a chaste kiss on the cheek, leaving a bright red lipstick mark.

      Leo grinned and then took a deep breath.

      He strutted back toward the pond, looking hot as ever, and I took it as my cue to shout out. "Leo is the coolest!"

      "Leo is the coolest!" Echo shouted back.

      "Yeah, baby, check me out!"

      "Check me out!" Echo said.

      "Make way for the king!" I said in the girliest voice I could imagine.

      "The king!"

      "Narcissus is weak!"

      "Weak!"

      The crowd of nymphs scattered in surprise. Leo shooed them away as if they were bothering him.

      "No autographs, girls. I know you want some Leo time, but I'm way too cool. You better just hang around that ugly dweeb Narcissus. He's lame!"

      "Lame!" Echo and I added with enthusiasm.

"What are you talking about?" one demanded.

"You're lame," said another.

"Lame?" I asked in disbelief, walking over to hang on Leo's arm flirtily, running a hand through his hair as he flexed his biceps, showing off his HOT STUFF tattoo. "You literally must be blind."

Leo had the nymphs' attention, if only because they were stunned; but Narcissus was still fixed on his own reflection. "You know how ugly Narcissus is?" Leo asked the crowd. "He's so ugly, when he was born his mama thought he was a backward centaur—with a horse butt for a face."

Some of the nymphs gasped. Narcissus frowned, as though he was vaguely aware of a gnat buzzing around his head.

      "You know why his bow has cobwebs?" Leo continued. "He uses it to hunt for dates, but he can't find one!"

One of the nymphs laughed. The others quickly elbowed her into silence. Narcissus turned and scowled at Leo. "Who are you?"

"I'm the Super-sized McShizzle, man!" Leo said. "I'm Leo Valdez, bad boy supreme. And the ladies love a bad boy."