twenty-nine

yeah sure, pats, you won the superbowl but we won that fist fight tho....just saying

calum

"I would say Rose but wouldn't that be confusing if we all got together? It would be all confusing." Belle tapped the blue ink pen on the kitchen counter, her teeth later biting onto the end as she pondered the choices.

It has been an hour since Belle told off Alice, and in order to calm her down, I suggested coming up with baby names. We talked about it before, but we haven't quite settled on anything yet. With no names scribbled onto the light pink paper, we were conflicted by the various selections.

"How about a flower then?" Belle insisted that we come up with girl names first; she wanted a little girl which I wouldn't mind, but I'd rather have a boy to play sports with. "Like Violet."

"Violet would be perfect." Belle's eyes twinkled as she neatly wrote the name in cursive at the top on the list. "Violet Jane Hood."

"Jane?" The name caused my heart to pound hard against my chest, the reality of it crashing down at me.

I was going to have a baby.

Holy shit.

"Yeah, well, Rory and I have Disney names so why not? Belle from Beauty and the Beast, Aurora from Sleeping beauty, and Jane from Tarzan." Belle grinned, decorating the name with hearts.

"You want our daughter to be named after a girl who went with a man in the jungle?" I scoffed, chuckling as I thought of the scenario. Just imagining our daughter running off into the damn jungle over a boy. "I'm not gonna allow my daughter to date until she's twenty, better yet run off with a guy."

"Calum, you are nineteen." Belle rolled her eyes, placing a kiss on my hand as she intertwined our fingers.

"Shut up." I tickled her with kisses on her neck, poking her sides causing giggles to erupt from her mouth. I pulled her hair tie off, her jet-black hair falling down her back. "I don't regret my decisions though."

"I don't either." Belle pulled away with a gasp as she moved her pen to the boy names column. "What about Thomas?"

"My middle name?" I doubted that any child would like the name of a train. "What about Matthew?"

"I'm pretty sure Carter and Rory would love us to name our child over a football player." Belle chuckled, jotting down the name anyways. "Matthew Carter Hood?"

"Yeah why not?" I didn't mind that Carter's name would be his middle name; Carter probably would give the gift of being a good football player.

"I don't want our son to be a football player." That was the scary thing about Belle, it's like she could read my mind. With her arms wrapped around my arm, she warned me firmly.

"Why not?" Even though I didn't play football myself, the thought of my son playing football was pretty damn cool.

"He could die," Belle exaggerated, widening her eyes to prove her point. The sounds from the tv were heard from the other room, filling in the background noise.

"He can't die from that." I rolled my eyes, standing up to make us pancakes -yes I know it was in the middle of the night but fuck it.

"Carter almost got a concussion when he was a freshman. He had to sit out for a few months so that he wouldn't die." Belle propped up her head with the palms of her hands. Eyeing me as I purposefully flexed when I lifted the pan, she bit her lip.

"How'd that go for him?" His injury didn't seem to stop him, for he was still playing at such consistency.

"The kid would only talk to Rory because she never left his side. That's how they got so close." Belle shrugged, not refusing to pry her eyes off of my biceps. Teasingly, I pulled my arm up to show her my muscle, resulting in her blushing. "Sometimes I dreamt of the three of us moving out, becoming a family without two parents who act more like bosses to us."