twenty-eight

we're soarin'
flyin'

calum

When men apprised others about the horrors of a pregnant woman, none of the information was neither false nor exaggerated. Unfortunately for me, I discovered the reality of it the past few days.

"I really want pineapples and vanilla ice cream," Belle whined, her body sprawled across my bed. I've resulted in sleeping in an awkward position only to allow her to sleep soundly.

"I'll go to the store right now." I masked my groan by pushing myself off the bed and handing Belle the remote to the television. It was midnight, and I was not looking forward to arguing with Belle again.

"I love you so much." Belle unexpectedly started to tear up, her shirt -it was another one of mine that she had stolen- dampened by her tears.

"Hey, hey baby girl, don't cry." I scuttled towards her, wiping her tears. She has been so emotional lately, sometimes I had to chew the inside of my cheek to stop myself from laughing. "I love you too. I'll get you your ice cream and pineapples okay?"

"You are so good to me." Belle pulled me into a tight hug, her small body cradled against my chest.

"Anything for you, baby. I'll be back." Although her mood swings were a pain in the ass, I gave props to her for carrying my child. Knowing that he's my kid, he would most likely be a painful motherfucker.

"I don't deserve you." She wrapped her legs around my waist, restricting me from proceeding in order to purchase the food she was craving.

"Baby, stop talking like that." Sometimes Belle became so emotional that I was worried if I was actually dating Belle or Shakespeare. My right arm supported my body as I pushed myself up, preventing myself from collapsing on top of her.

"I can't help it." She sniffled and buried her face into my chest. Her hair was all over the place since a we've done included laying down in bed and watching the shows she desired. "When do you plan on leaving me?"

"Belle, look at me." I grabbed both of her shoulders, holding her arms length away. It was completely fine that she was moody and emotional, but I didn't like the fact that she actually thought that I would leave her after all we've been through. "I am not going to leave you. I never plan on doing so, and you have to understand that. Don't ever think otherwise, promise?"

Holding back her tears by tugging roughly on her lips, Belle takes a few deep breaths to calm herself down. "I know, I'm sorry. I promise."

"Why would you think that I would leave you?" Even though her tears reddened her eyes, she was a pure aesthetic pleasure without even trying. Her ebony hair had some knots in the end, her body was covered in sweats and a baggy shirt, and none of that made me change my mind about knowing that she was the one for me. She daren't not ponder otherwise.

"Why do you believe me? How would you know that I didn't cheat on you with some hobo on the street and claim that the child is yours so that I can have a secret affair with the hobo." Belle chuckled, rubbing her eyes subsequently.

"Out of all people, why a hobo?" I snorted and pulled her onto my lap. The prominence of her lightly tanned skin contrasting with her raven hair fascinated me in the most peculiar way.

"I don't know. Answer the question." Belle fondled with my bracelets, creating a distraction for an infinitesimal moment.

"Well, for one, I trust you more than anyone else. Two, we basically hung out everyday, so you most likely didn't even get the chance to cheat on me. And three, I don't think Belle Rivers would hook up with a hobo, but I wouldn't be surprised if you bought him a meal to last for years." The amount of trust I put in Belle scared me. It will only take one crack in order for everything to come crashing down.