thirty-five

calum

"Who the fuck are you?" My hands wrapped around the woolen collar of Luke's forest green colored sweater, pulling his body up from the lunch table. The sight of his face made me pissed off at the fact that he was able to incapacitate in school just because of his damn reputation. This was all his fault.

"C-Chill dude. Get your hands off of me!" Luke stuttered, holding his hands up, covering his hands. Daniella stood up in shock of the abrupt returning I made.

I haven't been in school for weeks, and they threatened to not allow me to graduate high school, but I later called Thompson telling him that just because Michael is dead, doesn't mean that he and his bastard son are off the hook. It felt empowering to be the superior one, and I sure as hell wasn't going to put all of Michael's teaching to waste.

"Calum what the hell are you doing?" Daniella gasped, rushing towards Luke to check if he was okay. Luke sniffled, pushing up his damn green glasses and furrowed his eyebrows.

"It's okay, Dani. He's just doing what he always does." Luke shrugged, looking down at his shoes as Daniella glared at me. Her brown hair flipped over her shoulder, her light brown eyes piercing into mine.

"What the hell Calum? You don't have any right to do something as fucking cruel as that. Do you enjoy bullying Luke because I sure as hell will show you what bullying is." She clenched her fists, pushing Luke behind her. Luke bit his lip, wiping his eyes as his friend stood up for him.

"Maybe you shouldn't talk unless you know what is going on," I sneered at the brunette as she rolled her eyes. This is why I hate everyone; everyone thinks they know everything.

"Then why don't you tell me exactly what is going on because Luke is my fucking best friend. He tells me everything, so I would know when you are making shit up." Daniella smacked her lips, her finger pointing towards Luke. The entire cafeteria paused, everyone widening their eyes once they saw me. Daniella grabbed Luke's hand, rubbing small circles with her thumb.

"If he was really your best friend, you would already know by now what I am talking about. Oh and you might want to let go of his hand. You wouldn't want his girlfriend to find out." I smirked once her expression dropped, her mouth opening slightly as she looked at Luke. "You didn't know Luke has a girlfriend?"

"Luke, is that true?" Daniella dropped Luke's hand, her voice turning into a hush. By the look of her expression, she was beyond humiliated, her cheeks burning red. Her so-called best friend was in no way as cowardly as she thought.

"Dani, you know that isn't true." Luke's lip quivered as he pulled onto her sleeve. Daniella diverted her attention towards the ground, refusing to look at Luke. She took a deep breath, closing her eyes.

"Luke, I know you have a girlfriend. She told me." Daniella bit her lip, preventing herself from crying. I didn't really think that she liked Luke, but at moments, they acted like they were the only people in the world. Luke released her hand, his fist slowly clenching as he remained silent. "I can't believe you would lie to me."

"Dani, I just wanted to tell you at the right time." Luke scratched the back of his head, not knowing what to say to her. I knew how Daniella felt to be in a devoid of trust. Everyone was built of the lies they used to characterize themselves with.

"No, Luke. We both know that isn't the truth," Daniella harshly cut her off, facing me as she tried to distract herself. "Calum, do whatever you want with him."

"Dani please don't do this." Luke sniffled as he grabbed her wrist, trying to pull her closer to him, but she let out a wince. Tears formed in his eyes as she shoved him off, rushing towards the restroom. Luke faced me, glaring as he crossed his arms. "You made me lose my best friend!"