thirty-two

the dress is fucking black and blue dont fight me

calum

"You can't be fucking serious." Michael anxiously tapped his foot, clenching his fists as he narrowed his eyes at Ashton.

"It's what I saw, Michael. She's your fucking girlfriend, of course she would feel the need to do anything that would protect you." Ashton crossed his arms, thanking me as I tossed him a bottle of beer. I really don't know how the two made amends -if we are being honest here, a drug dealer and buyer will always make business no matter what history they have with each other- but Ashton was the first person Michael called after Rose hung up.

"We were low in stock. How'd she get the drugs?" Michael pinched the bridge of his nose while Ashton tried to remain calm. I knew Ashton was quite nervous too, -I was as well, and I didn't even know what was going on- but he was smart enough to know that if he showed that emotion, Michael would snap. Though Ashton was helping out tremendously, he was still Rose's ex who cheated her, and Michael still despised him for hurting her.

"Don't know, man. Must've bought it from one of the dealers, wait." Ashton paused, swiftly pulling out his phone and dialing a number.

"What?" Michael took his eyes off of his fingers and leaned in to see what Ashton was doing. Ashton held his finger up, putting his phone on speaker.

"Hello?" Megan chirped from the other line, her voice pitches higher than usual.

"We need your help. Come to Clifford's and don't bring anyone with you." Ashton hung up on her before she could reply and shoved his phone in his pocket. "Her boyfriend's one of the main drug lords, remember? She should have some information about it."

"I don't understand why she would be so fucking stupid and do something like that." Michael stood up, kicking at the leg of the table.

"For fuck's sake, stop acting like she didn't know what she was doing!" Ashton shouted, his jaw clenching as he shot up from the couch.

"She didn't fucking know what she was doing. Look what happened now. She got arrested." It was obvious that Michael was trying to deny the truth for as long as he could. He wasn't that stupid; he knew that it all linked back to him.

"You know damn well what happened here, Clifford." Ashton was trying his best not to punch Michael, and it was obvious that Michael was about to snap due to the fact that someone else was acting like they knew more about his girl than he did. "She handed the damn drugs because they threatened to kill you. Do you really think she will just sit there while they plan for your death?"

"They weren't going to kill me. They know that they would've gotten killed before they could even touch me." Michael darted his eyes to the window outside, observing the raindrops racing down the window.

"Well, Rose didn't think that, and next thing you know, one of them is a cop, and they arrest your girlfriend. Rose is in jail because of you," Ashton snapped, his fists clenching as Michael aggressively stood up. The two were still on edge, so there would most likely be another fight if one of them said the wrong thing.

"Shut the fuck up." Michael had no more words for Ashton anymore. He knew Ashton was right, and he would never want to cope with the fact that he had just ruined Rose's future.

The doorbell rang moments later, startling all of us since we resulted in silence. We all knew it was Megan who rang, but the room was too tense for anyone to move. Opening the door for the blonde, I stepped aside as she strutted in.

"Your little doll got into jail?" She placed her sunglasses in her bag, her emerald eyes piercing into Michael's. Her blonde hair tousled behind her, falling into elegant curls down against her leather jacket that showed her stomach.