eighteen

im kinda happy that everyone in this story is fighting....oops.

calum

"Mother." Belle clenched her fists to her side, a strand of pure black hair falling onto the side of her face. Belle represented her mother only a little bit due to their hair color and slim face shape. Her mother was hard to relate to Belle since the wrinkles on her face contrasted with Belle's youthful one.

"I've warned you many times about not getting involved with the wrong crowd, Belle. You need to get all As and be the top in class and look what is happening now. You are sneaking out, and look at this boy you are with. He is full of tattoos." Belle's mother eyed me up and down before taking a deep breath as if that would calm her down.

"I am trying my hardest to get the best grades I can. Don't judge him like-." Belle stopped at mid-sentence and darted her eyes towards the floor. An eerie silence took over the room as Belle's mother cleared her throat. "Yes mother. I am sorry for talking back and damaging my influences."

It was as if an unknown shift took over Belle's mind when she stopped the bickering all at once and apologized. Belle's mother held her head up high before clucking her tongue.

"I want your phone, computer, and you shall not leave this house without my approval, do you understand?" Belle's mother tucked a piece of dark hair behind her ear and turned away from Belle. "We will discuss your other punishments later."

The way she treated Belle was irritating due to the amount of superiority she had on Belle. The white walls in the room seemed the enclose into the short space between us.

"As for you." Belle's mother pointed to me, her manicured hand directed in front of my face. "I want you to stay away from my daughter or else I will ban Belle from ever exiting the house again."

~*~*~*

I was never Romeo material. I never knew how love would make you do the stupidest things for the girl you loved because I never knew how it felt like to love. Sure, I've had crushes before, hell, Belle was my most major crush yet. But in the end of the day, I can't find myself to love someone.

I haven't talked to Belle in a week. Our awkward exchanges at school were the closest things we've had to communication. It was like that game plague that everyone played in elementary school. She intentionally avoided me, acting as scathing as her mother. I never did anything about it though. There was no point in fighting for someone who wasn't mine in the first place.

"We're going out tonight." Michael grabbed his keys, leading Alice to the front door as she strutted in her ruby colored heels.

"Are you staying out the entire night?" My phone flipped in between my fingers as I blankly stared at the ceiling.

"Sure." With that, the door slammed shut, leaving me completely alone in the dark. Michael and I have distanced, a lot, and I felt like I was incapable of doing anything about it.

The orange juice stayed still in my glass as I watched it with the little light that the moon provided. My eyelids were feeling heavy, the thoughts in my brain finally calming down. A soft knock on the door interrupted my peace, waking me up in a light manner. Groggily, I walked to the door, opening it the slightest.

"What the fuck happened?" Rose barged in, not even waiting for me to comprehend her presence.

"What?" My head was aching from the hangover I was going through, and Rose was not helping with the pain.

"You aren't hanging out at Belle's house anymore, and Belle has gone SBIHNSL." Rose widened her light brown eyes, emphasizing her exclamation.

"What the fuck is SBIHNSL?" I was not in the mood for her light hearted bullshit, for Rose never understood what relationships were like. I doubt she's been in a relationship before -I am not being an asshole- but she seems to be rather naïve with the situation.