thirty-one

this is boring oops

calum

"And you'll never guess what happened next." The room enclosed within me, the buzzing of the crowd deafening my ear. The shirt I wore -it's been how long since I've washed it- was drenched in alcohol with traces of cocaine linked to it. "She killed the baby."

"Oh man, I'm sorry about that." The man (I forgot his name) patted my back and slowly took away my shot. "Calum, you need to stop drinking though."

"No, no give him more." Michael waltzed in, two bottles of beer in his hand. Michael and Rose were still going strong after what had happened, but he hasn't told me much about their relationship since I was either too drunk or too hungover to listen. "Calum, you get your ass wasted, okay?"

"Yeah give me more," I slurred and took a better look at the guy I was talking to. "Ashton."

"Michael, this isn't safe." Ashton turned to Michael, who was not in the mood to be let down. "He could pass out."

"It wasn't safe when you cheated on my girlfriend, but I guess we all make mistakes." Michael laughed as he popped open a champagne, nonchalant about his words. "Drink up Calum. There is no limit."

"Do you wanna hear a story?" I grinned at Ashton, waiting for him to allow me to continue. "It's about how a bitch broke my heart."

"Calum, you already told me this story." Ashton ran a hand through his hair, he already heard this story three times, and he wasn't looking forward to listening to it again.

"Then listen again!" I cheered as I tossed him a beer, missing by five feet which caused the bottle to break onto the floor. "It broke just like my heart, Ashton."

"That's it. You're going home." Ashton stood up, pulling out his keys from his hoodie. His combat boots kicked the glass shards away from the crowd as he attempted to take me out of the club.

"No I don't want to. Let me tell me story." I swayed off to Michael so that Michael would allow me to stay. I loved the feeling of no feeling anything at all. I felt like all my pressures in life were lifted and erupted elsewhere. "It started when I got into a fight-"

"Hey watch it," a light skinned guy spat as I bumped into him. Rolling my eyes, I shoved him due to the anger building up in me. What right did he have to tell me to"watch it"? He didn't know me, and he should know who I am. No one fucking messed with me at this point, and he needed to learn that.

"What the fuck are you gonna do about it, huh?" Pushing him into a table, I grabbed a fistful of his shirt and held him up.

"Beat his ass, Calum." Michael smirked with a bottle of beer in his hand. He didn't seem that intoxicated since he made a vow that he would stay slightly sober to drive us home. Michael had been helping me throughout the past couple weeks; he made me get drunk and back into fights -the way I used to live before my life got ruined by her. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to sleep with someone -Michael tried so hard for me to hook up with someone but I could never do that to Belle. No matter how bad she fucked me up- or even kiss anyone for that matter.

"Acting so tough but you ain't shit against my boss." The man mimicked me by grabbing my shirt and pushing me off of him. He smoothened his maroon shirt and scoffed as the rest of his gang backed up.

"Lucky for you, I don't need a little fakeass boss to protect me." Clenching my fist, I threw a punch at his face, not feeling the pain at my fists.

"You're gonna regret this." The boy launched at me, his fists colliding with my face. My right eye squeezed shut at the impact, but I wrapped my finger around his throat, shoving his head onto the ground. Screams were made by partiers who brought their attention to the fight.