four

calum

"You never answered my question." I sipped out of the steaming mug whilst sitting on Michael's messed up bed.

"What question?" Michael groaned and shoved his face in the fluffy pillow next to him. I slightly pulled up my sweatpants and kicked his leg.

"Who is that Alice girl?" I set down my coffee while continuing to bother Michael.

"What Alice girl?" He groaned as I kept kicking him. I grasped onto his navy blue blanket and ripped the cloth away from him. His tattoo sleeve was on full display when he aggressively reached for the blanket.

"What the hell Calum?" Michael hissed while flipping on the switch to his lamp. The white room gleamed even in the lack of lighting. Michael sat up and ruffled his lilac hair. His bare body was only covered by a pair of boxers and the loads of ink on his body.

"You weren't answering me." I glared at him and felt a spark of satisfaction looking at his angered expression.

"She's just a rich kid." Michael rubbed his eyes and widened them once I gasped.

"You're dating a rich kid?" The fact was quite irritating knowing that Michael has been teaching me to avoid rich people, yet he was hooking up with one.

"Never. She's a new target for me. Poor little spoiled brat is pressured by her family and ended up wandering to our side of town. I saved her from getting run over and now she wants me to help her become reckless." Michael scoffed with sarcasm dripping from his words. "So last night, I took her to go racing."

"In the abandoned road?" I raised an eyebrow at him while crisscrossing my legs on his warm bed.

"Yeah. She was thrilled. I'm only doing this since she could be a good lay, and I am doing an experiment." Michael yawned causing me to copy his actions. He snatched his phone from his nightstand and checked the time.

"What experiment?"

"I will make her fall in love with me and then completely break her heart." Michael chuckled while laying down with his arms supporting the back of his head.

"That is cruel." It didn't surprise me to know that he was planning such a thing. He's given up on love ever since he broke up with Hailey.

"She wanted to know how our world is. She should know that it isn't full of sunflowers and lollipops." Michael rolled his eyes and stared blankly at the ceiling.

"Won't you feel guilty?" I knew Michael wasn't completely heartless, yet. Alice seemed very put together and was like a pleaser. She gave the impression that she must have a good reputation to everyone considering she attempted to have a conversation with me.

"Her fault." Michael shrugged. I could tell he was about to fall asleep since his eyes kept fluttering shut, and his breathing became steadier.

"Not really her fault though. She wasn't expecting it." I sighed when I realized that Michael was definitely not paying attention to me anymore. Light snores escaped his lips as he turned around. I flipped his lamp off and began meandering into my slightly organized room. Posters of models and bands were taped to my sky blue room. My white sheets were sloppily made with the blanket wrinkling at the end.

I found myself collapsing in my bed and staring at my ceiling again. The blanket folded at the top like I always put it, and the window was slightly open to display the city lights with a blissful breeze.

Here comes the sun.

The song played in my head while I reminisced all the memories. Even though Michael has convinced me- I also know that he's right- that our families did us wrong, I couldn't help but to remember my childhood all over again. I could only imagine how my mom would feel when she still cared. Not anymore. But a feeling of guilt stabs me every time I pictured her worried face.