seven

calum

"Are you insane?" Belle grabbed my arm and pulled me into her room, away from the tree I climbed up on.

"Sorry, this was the closest house I could find." I lied as I gritted my teeth and let go of her arm. Her hair was yet again tied into a sleek ponytail that revealed her purple tank top and black short shorts. She divided her ponytail into two sections and tugged.

"No it's uh fine. Holy shit Calum, what the hell happened?" She gasped once she saw my bloody face and all the injuries I have taken. Belle's hand swiped my hair away from my face to reveal all the other wounds. Her soft pink lips opened slightly in awe.

"It really sucks getting beat up by the football team." I chuckled to prevent her from thinking that I needed to go to the hospital even though I probably needed to.

"Calum, come here. You're bleeding a lot." Belle kicked her yoga mat aside and set her laptop with a paused workout video on top of her desk. She took my hand in her's while dragging me to her creme colored bathroom. She lightly pushed me onto her ivory toilet before pulling out a first aid kit from the bottom of her sink.

"You don't have to do this." I bit my lip and looked down ashamed of myself for bothering her when she had nothing to do with me getting hurt. Belle let out a soft laugh as she deconstructed the insides of the kit.

"Are you kidding me? Calum, one, I am studying to become a doctor, and two, you are beaten up. I won't leave you to suffer." Belle pulled out a cotton pad before drenching it in rubbing alcohol that ruined the vanilla smell lingering around the room. The warm water cleansed her small hands to be prepared when she patted the stinging liquid onto my cheekbone. She chewed onto her bottom lip as she wiped one area from my face to the other.

"I just don't want to bother you," I muttered while staring at the white tiled floor. Belle pushed my hair up slightly to treat the wound on my forehead.

"Calum, you aren't bothering me. You actually saved me from dying." Belle chuckled and unpeeled a band-aid to apply to my face. I couldn't help but to create a ephemeral glance down the tight tank top she was wearing.

"How so?" I bit back my smirk of satisfaction and fixed my gaze to the other direction in order to cover up any signs of me peeking.

"I was about to die with that damn exercise routine. Sit ups are not my best friend." Belle rubbed cream around the band-aids before stopping. "Uh Calum?"

"Hmm?" I locked my eyes with her's. Her eyes were always so dark. Sometimes they would be a dark brown, but other times they could resemble a black shade. Something about them just reeled me in knowing that they weren't like those other girls with multiple shades of lighter colors. They were just dark.

"Can you take your shirt off? I need to treat your wounds." She stuttered as a light shade of pink appeared on her light tan cheeks. This time, I allowed my smirk to reveal itself as I pulled my shirt over my head and tossed it on the floor.

"Why do you exercise? You don't need it." Belle wasn't the skinniest girl I've met before, and she also didn't have the perfect body that boys have always fantasized over during the Victoria's Secret model runway, but her body was beautiful to me. I didn't care that she didn't have the gap between her thighs that other girls always aimed for. She was definitely shorter than me and her chest was certainly not lacking in any standards.

"Oh dear Calum. You obviously know that I need to workout. Not everyone has a high metabolism." Belle rolled her eyes and laughed while wrapping a bandage around my wrist.

"You look perfect to me." I shrugged in a light manner while flashing her a genuine grin. Belle's cheeks reddened as she ruffled my hair.

"Trust me, many people oppose your point of view, Calum. Thanks for trying though. It means a lot, I swear. I'm done. You should apply ice to your eye or else it will get worse." Belle smiled as I pushed myself upright and threw back on my shirt.