eight

calum

"You should wear beanies more often. They look adorable on you." Belle slurped out of her juice box and pulled the lilac blanket over her shivering legs that were covered by a pair of leggings. Her straight hair was tangled a bit due to her excessive moving around whilst I laid down on her bed beside her only moving every few minutes.

"Can we please stop talking about my damn beanie?" I couldn't help but laugh at how childish she looked by her pink lips forming a slight pout as the white straw was placed right between them. She cuddled in her college sweatshirt while stretching slightly.

"Nope. It looks so cute, Cal." Belle teased as she pulled the beanie down to cover my entire face. She sat on my lap, facing me, while fiddling with the damn beanie.

"Belle." I sighed and removed the suffocating bit of wool from killing me. Belle's dark eyes crinkled a bit as she brought my beanie down again before hastily bringing it back up again.

"Sorry." She pouted and rolled out of my lap causing me to feel a chill due to no more of her body heat warming me up.

"Do I look like a little kid to you?" It was hard enough knowing that I was officially stuck in the friendzone for the past three weeks that we've become close.

"A really cute little kid." Belle chuckled and squeezed my cheek before popping a gummy bear into her mouth. She would always tease me about my baby like cheeks when I came to her place every Wednesday approximately fifty minutes after school ends.

"I hate you." Of course I didn't mean it, for just last week, I made it official in my head that I have a little crush on her.

"I hate you too." Belle grinned while pinching my cheek again. The vibrations of my phone interrupted us causing me to quickly glance down at the contact number. Shoving my phone back in the pocket, I ignored Michael's call for he's been drunk calling me lately. I had no idea what his relationship with Alice even was anymore, but all I know is that he's been drinking more.

"Who was it?" Belle paused her baking competition show online and faced me with pure interest.

"Michael." Belle made a slight 'oh' sound before resuming her show full of her guilty pleasures, well at least that is what I was informed. Belle had a slight knowledge about Michael being like a brother to me, but I have yet to inform her about me running away from my shitty excuse of a mother.

"You should really answer it though. What if it's important?" Her long hair tickled my arm as she scooted herself closer to the headboard.

"He's been drunk calling me a lot lately. He probably would just ramble off." I shrugged and slowly inched my arm closer to her.

"He's been drunk calling you? Cal, that's not healthy. For one, an overdose of alcohol can-"

"Okay okay Ms. Nurse slash Doctor. I get it. If he calls again, I'll answer." I rolled my eyes and directed my attention to the struggling contestants on t.v. Belle crossed her legs and leaned close to the the screen, the colors reflected right on her face.

"Sorry. It's a habit." Belle laughed before scampering off to her desk to pull out a glass of some sort of mints. She pulled off the top of the container and threw a pink in her mouth while raising an eyebrow at me. Her sweatshirt covered her ass which made her look shorter than she was. "Buttermint?"

"What?" I chuckled at the odd name as Belle grabbed a couple of pieces to hand to me.

"They feel so weird. Its like that Oobleck thingy the entire seventh grade made us do to study the Earth's mantle. The one where you mix corn starch and water." None of what she was saying made sense to me considering that I was barely indulged in Earth Science or any subjects in school for that matter.