Chapter - 25

Nikhil looks at Anamika affectionately to which she smiles at him.

''Aap humse milne pehle kyun nahi aaye Nanu, meine toh kabhi aapko dekha bhi nahi tha!'' Anamika says as she makes a sad face.

Nikhil and Bulbul share a glance. Nikhil again looks at her.

''Wo kya hai na, mere pass address hi nahi tha aapka toh kaise aata main?'' Nikhil reasoned. 

He doesn't want to tell her the truth as it has nothing to do with her also he feels that the girl won't pe please to know the truth because her parents has suffered a lot in the past because of him and he doesn't want his granddaughter to have a bitter feelings for him, so forth he lied to her.

Anamika was surprised at his statement, she gave him a look.

''Google kar sakte the aap! Dad ka naam aata hai google pe!'' She exclaims.

Nikhil narrowed his eyes,'' ooho aisi baat hai, mujhe toh pata hi nahi tha iss baare mei.'' He says to which Anamika makes a face.

''Lekin dekho, jaise hi mujhe pata chala ki yahan ek pyari si gudiya bhi hai toh bina time waste kiye main aa gaya uss se milne!'' Nikhil exclaims to which Anamika chuckles as she knows he said it for her. 

Though she gets to know that Nikhil lied to her and Bulbul too doesn't tell her the truth so she chooses to drop the topic thinking if her elders isn't telling her something then it must be something that she shouldn't know or they don't want her to know. So, she doesn't find it appropriate to ask the same question again.

Bulbul adores them as they indulge in their talks, it doesn't seem that they haven't known about each other's existence. They chat as if they have known each other for a long time. Maybe, this is what we call family love where the depth of love isn't defined by the duration of separation but it counts the moment one has spent together. 

...

Time flew, another 10 days passed by, Anamika was much better now and the doctors concluded that she should be operated now. 

Anamika was taken in the other room for check up as her full body report was needed before they proceed further.

Bulbul was with Anamika while Viren and Nikhil were waiting for them outside the room. Though Bulbul has said that they don't need to wait outside as she will be there with Anamika and so they don't need to worry but the guys didn't agree with her and now they are here waiting outside. 

An hour has already passed but there is no sign of them. Viren looks at Nikhil,

''Itna time kyun laag raha hai inko?'' He questioned worriedly.

''Aab thoda time toh lagega na Viren, full body scan karna hai aur baki bhi test honge. Ye sab time taking hote hai.'' Nikhil says meaningfully.

Viren nodded but wasn't convinced. With every passing day in the hospital, he finds his daughter getting better but the fear in his heart never lessened. It is still the same they stepped in the hospital and it will remain like that until he takes his daughter to their home. 

Nikhil makes Viren sit on the bench and holds his hand. Their relationship is much changed now, Nikhil considers him as his son and holds emotions for him. 

''Viren, calm down! Humne itna wait kiya hai toh thoda aur sahi, bas kuch waqt aur!'' He says in a convincing tone as he caressed his back slightly to ease him.

Viren shook his head,''kabhi kabhi mujhe lagta hai zindagi ko hamare saath na sab bille shikwe hai. Ek problem khatam nahi hoti dusri aa jaati hai wo bhi aise jo hum expect hi nahi kar rahe hote hai.'' Viren states as he recalls his painful past and now this painful present. 

Nikhil let out a sigh,''sab ko yahi lagta hai ki unki life mei saari problem hai jabki sach toh ye hai ki problems sabki life mei hoti hai bas dekhne ka nazariya alag hota hai!'' He exclaims to which a small laugh let out Viren's lips.

''Aap bhi apni beti ke jaisi baatein karte hai!'' He says as he looks at him.

Nikhil stares at him,''tumhari beti bhi aisi hi baatein karti hai janab!'' 

Viren shook his head at his statement, ''aab wo bhi toh aapni maa pe hi gayi hai na issliye badi badi baatein karti hai!'' Viren says.

Nikhil nudged him,''hmm, tum bhi sikh lo fir. Meri beti se na toh apni beti se hi!''

''Naa baba, main aise hi thik hoon!'' Viren profess. 

They stare at each other and share a laugh! 

Check up room!

Anamika's check up was in process, Dr. Ashish has taken her for CT scan while Bulbul, Dr. Subhash and Dr. Aashvi was checking other reports. 

''Everything seems normal Dr. Bulbul, hopefully CT scan ke reports bhi normal aaye toh hum kal operation kar sakte hai!'' Dr. Aashvi exclaims, looking at Bulbul and Subhash.

Bulbul shook her head while checking the blood reports. Dr. Subhash looks at her.

''So, who will lead the operation?'' Subhash question.

''Dr. Bulbul his karengi for sure!'' Aashvi exclaims to which Subhash narrowed his eyes.

''Really? Dr. Bulbul kaise kar sakti hai.'' Subhash says in a surprised tone.

Bulbul lifts up her head from.the reports and looks at Subhash,''kyun? Mere lead karne mei kya problem hai aapko.'' Bulbul question looking at him sternly.

''Naa, mujhe kuch problem nahi! Shayad aapko ho, I mean aapki beti hai na toh obviously aap kar nahi paayenge, plus aapke husband bhi hai jo khudko sambhal nahi sakte.'' He says sarcastically. Bulbul had it enough, she wanted to shout on Subhash but she didn't, they are in hospital.

Bulbul takes a deep breath calming her accelerating nerves she gaze at Subhash,'' Dr. Subhash, first of all mere husband khudko sambhal sakte hai na nahi iski chinta karne ki aapko koi jarurat nahi hai and secondly, main bahoot aache se janti hoon ki wo meri beti hai. Issliye ek maa ke saath aur ek doctor hone ka farz bhi nibhana hai mujhe aur iss waqt main khud se jyada kissi aur pe toh apni bachi ke liye bharosha bhi nahi kar sakti. And lastly, aap ek doctor hai toh ek doctor ki tarah behave kijiye, aapki harkatein aur baatein ek chugalkhor aurat ki tarah lagti hai jinke pass idhar ki baat udhar karne ki siwa koi kaam nahi hota. I hope you understand what I mean!'' Bulbul says calmly but firmly, emphasising on each word and making sure that Subhash gets all his answers. 

Subhash down his gaze while Aashvi suppressed her smile.

At the meantime, Dr. Aashish returns with Anamika and tells them that the CT scan is normal as well. Bulbul smiles at Anamika who was already smiling at her.

Soon Anamika was shifted to her room, Bulbul moved towards Viren and Nikhil who asked her about Anamika. 

''Sab normal hai, issliye humne decide kiya hai ki kal hum Anu ko operate karenge!'' Bulbul informs them, Viren and Nikhil are delighted to know this. 

Finally their daughter will be operated and they will be able to take her home. 

Life will be beautiful again!

...

To be continued..