Chapter - 18

Viren cries in Bulbul arms, by now he was clear that something serious has happened to Anamika as Bulbul's hospital was specialist of Cancers, Tumours, cardiac arrhythmia or any problem related to heart and many such serious illnesses are treated in her hospital.

So, the mention of Bulbul's hospital was enough to know that Anamika is suffering from one such serious issue. This mere thought shivers Viren. 

Bulbul tries to control him though she herself was crying.

Nikhil was standing at a distance, he doesn't know what to say because he knows it's easy to comfort someone who has lost their wealth but it's impossible to console a father whose daughter's life is at stake. 

But will crying do any good to them? Obviously not! They have to be strong not only for themselves but also for Anamika who's totally clueless about her health.

''Viren please, tum aise kamjor padd jaaoge toh kaise hoga.'' Bulbul says controlling herself, at this time when she knows Viren is emotionally not that strong she has to be strong and comfort him. 

Viren parted from her, he gazed at her tearily. Bulbul wiped his tears,'' agar tum iss tarah se tut jaaoge toh main.. main akeli kaise sambhalungi Bettu ko? Tum jaante ho na wo meri baat nahi maanegi, jab tak tum usse nahi samjhaoge wo shift hone ko taiyar nahi hogi, you know this na?'' She tries to make him understand as it was necessary for now. 

Viren shook his head slightly, he then held her hand,'' Bulbul please aab bina kuch chupaaye tum mujhe bas ye bata do Ana ko hua kya hai exactly. I know usse jo bhi hua hai kuch serious hai lekin kya aur.. aur meri hi bettu ko kyun? Meine.. Meine aaj tak kissi ka bura nahi kiya, karna dur ki baat hai kabhi socha tak nahi aur phir bhi bhagwan ne mere saath aisa kiya, kyun??'' He sobbed.

Bulbul was trying hard to control her emotions but fails every time when Viren cries before her. His each single tear drop makes her cry no matter how much she tries to remain intact. 

Bulbul cupped his face,''Viren ye sab hamare control mei toh nahi hai na aur naa hi kissi ka kiya hua hai, it's something jo ho gayi aur humein isse accept karna hoga. Kyunki hamare accept na karne se ye baat jhooth nahi ho jaayegi. Aur tumne hi abhi kaha na ki humne kabhi kissi ka bura nahi kiya! Toh hamare saath bhi kuch bura nahi hoga, believe me!'' It's really hard to comfort Viren. He has always been overprotective towards Anamika, has always taken care of her comfort and discomforts and today when he came to know that his daughter is suffering from a severe health issue his mind wasn't accepting the truth. 

Viren took a deep breath while Bulbul continue,''aur main hoon na, I promise main hamari Bettu ko kuch nahi hone dungi.'' She assures him.

Bulbul cleans his face,'' main janti hoon we can't afford to lose Anu, issliye main bas itna chahti hoon ki tum thoda sa cooperate karo taki Bettu ka treatment aache se ho paaye. Aur tum dekhna bahut jald hum usse ghar le jaayenge!”she added. 

Viren was silently looking at her, Bulbul passed him the reports so that he himself could see that they still had time and Anamika could be treated and be cure.

Viren takes the file and opens it with trembling hands. He goes through the file with a heavy heart and the word Brain tumor pierce his heart such that he closes the file instantly.

He closes his eyes and takes deep breaths to calm himself, Bulbul cleans his face with the pallu of her saree. Viren opened his eyes and looked at her, Bulbul's face was wet as well. He wiped away her tears and pulled her in a warm hug. They both needed each other's support!

Nikhil was silently observing all this and once again he realised how wrong he was regarding Viren and how wrong it would be if he could have separated them twenty five years ago. He sighs deeply and moves out of the room silently to give them some space.

VirenUl were comforting each other when Anamika wakes up. 

She opens her and finds her parents hugging, a small smile appears on her lips. She knows they are worried because of her. Her carelessness caused so much trouble to them. 

She takes a deep breath and thinks to cheer them up.

''Ahem Ahem! We are in hospital guys!''Anamika says mischievously.

VirenUl parted hearing her voice. They turn towards Anamika and finds her staring at them teasingly.

''Waise aap dono continue kar sakte ho, I don't mind. Main aankh bhi band kar leti hoon'' Anamika says and closes her eyes.

VirenUl smile slightly at her act. Just then she again open her eyes.

''Lekin aap ye ghar pe bhi continue kar sakte ho jab abhi hum jaayenge tab. I won't mind having a baby brother or sister'' Anamika says teasingly and wink at them.

VirenUl gaze at each other, so the girl is in teasing mode now!

''Awwww, How romantic haan'' Anamika giggles.

Bulbul gave her a look,''shut up!''she scolded her.

Anamika makes faces,''it's okay, sachi mei. I'll be happy''she exclaims pouting.

Viren couldn't help but chuckle, Bulbul shot him a deadly glare to which he made a face.

And in the next moment all three broke out laughing. 

Viren, Bulbul and Anamika glance at each other from the corner of their eyes making sure the other isn't observing them.

They all were trying to cheer each other. Anamika was trying to cheer her parents while the other two were just acting normal so that Anamika doesn't know that they are sad or are in tension for her because they don't want to tell her about her health issues. 

It's obvious that she would know but they won't tell her now. They can tell her once her health is stable.

Their happy moment got disturb when a nurse entered the room with discharge papers. Anamika chuckled with excitement to see the papers thinking she will be going home now. 

But her face fell when Bulbul says that she's not going home but being shifted to her hospital.

''Arey kyun?? Main nahi jayungi! Mujhe ghar jana hai'' she exclaims stubbornly.

Bulbul indicates Viren to convince Anamika but it didn't go unnoticed by her.

''Aap Dad ko na sikhaogi, main nahi jayungi hospital firse''Anamika declared pouting.

Viren moves by her side and secures his seat on the stool, he holds Anamika's hand to which she says.

''Main nahi manungi Dad, aapko pata hai na mujhe hospital ki smell aachi nahi lagti. Main nahi jayungi bas''Anamika says making a face so that Viren doesn't force her unknown of the fact that Viren can't help her today even if he wants because it will increase the problem only for all of them, especially for Anamika.

Viren caressed Anamika's head,''I know, mere bache ko hospital pasand nahi hai lekin abhi jana jaroori hai tabhi toh mumma bol rahi hai na. Aur waise bhi mumma ke hospital mei bilkul smell nahi aati hai and one more thing'' Viren moves a little closer to her and whisper in her ears,''main hoon na, i'll take care ki mere baby ko koi problem ho. Bas kuch din ke liye humko jana hoga, okay!??'' He asked her calmly.

Anamika though didn't want to go but agreed. Viren smiled and pecked her head lightly. 

Bulbul singh smiling and move out of the room to prepare for their journey to her hospital.

To be continued..