Chapter - 13

Night time

The Saxena family were all set for the dinner. Bulbul serves food to the other three and also for herself after which she secures her seat. She gaze at Anamika who was stirring the food in her plate and seems to be lost,

''Kya hua? Kya soch rahi ho'' she questioned, Anamika looked up at her startled. It takes her some time to realise what Bulbul said.

''nahi!! Kuch bhi toh nahi hua.'' She exclaims and shifts her focus on her plate.

Anamika again started to feel dizzy, but she didn't tell her parents as they would be tense.

Silently, they had their dinner after, Anamika moved to the terrance making an excuse. Viren moves to his room to attend a call while Bulbul winds up her chorus.

Anamika reaches the terrace, her breaths seem uneven. She was sweating badly,

''Ye kya ho raha hai mujhe '' she holds her head and leans to the wall to support herself as she feels her legs trembling.

She tried to calm herself but failed and in the next moment she vomited everything that she had eaten. She fell down on her knees holding her stomach. She started to feel cold, all of the sudden. She tried to call Viren or Bulbul knowing she won't be able to handle herself but her voice choked in her throat.

Ten minutes passed, Anamika somehow made herself stand with the support of the wall and railing, her head was still spinning.

She stood holding the railing to calm her pulsing nerves when suddenly she felt a jerk, she finds herself falling backward. It was then when she realised that the railing was broken, the screw of the glass railing was loose. Her eyes widen, she shouts for the help,

''Daddddd!!!!!!'' 

Viren, who was in his room talking with his manager, heard her scream. He cuts the call immediately and runs out of the room, he finds Bulbul heading towards the terrace as well.

Within a minute or two they were on the terrace, whatever they showed there shook them to the core. Nikhil was lying on the floor holding Anamika's hand who was hanging down the terrace.

Viren and Bulbul ran to him. Viren holds Anamika's hand and with Nikhil's help, they pull her up. Anamika fell on the floor unconscious, Bulbul kept Anamika's head on her lap and patted her cheek but it was of no use.

She looks at Viren, ''Viren, isse room mei leke chalo jaldi'' she says, her voice tensed.

Viren picked Anamika in his arms and took her to their room while Bulbul helped her father to stand up as he was hurt as well.

..

Viren laid Anamika on the bed, she had bruises on her arms and head. Bulbul brought a first aid box and did her dressing after which she did Anamika's check up.

''Kya hua Bulbul? Bettu thik hai na? ''He questioned holding Bulbul's hand with his trembling hands.

Bulbul placed her hand on his,''she's fine! Kuch nahi hua usse, darr ki wajah se behosh ho gai hai kuch der mei hosh aa jaayega Bettu ko'' she assured him but it couldn't able to calm him.

''Jaane kyun ye sab ho raha hai, pehle expired medicine leli isne phir iss raat ko terrace pe chali gayi. Mujhe toh kuch samajh nahi aa raha hai.'' Viren was tensed with today's incident, everything seems so weird. Anamika was never so careless but today, she showed her carelssness, not once, but twice. The whole incident has shook Viren, he doesn't want to lose his only daughter. 

They have gone through so much pain and suffering to have a child. They both had medical problems because of which it was next to impossible for them to have a child, they tried so many medical help but was left empty handed lastly they opted for IVF( In Vitro Fertilization) sadly, in the first attempt it couldn't be of any help to them. Luckily, in the second trial they could make it. They had a little girl! 

She was weak since birth and so they have always taken extra care of her.

''Viren aise toh tum khudko bhi bimar kar loge. Main keh rahi hoon na wo thik hai''she tries to pacify him but he wasn't in the mood.

''Jhoothi tasali maat do mujhe Bulbul. Itna kuch ho gaya hai aur tum kehti ho wo thik hai jabki mujhe dikh raha hai wo thik nahi hai. Mujhe toh ye samajh nahi aa raha ye terrance pe gai hi kyun, aise toh akele store room mei bhi jaane se darti hai raat ko aur aaj terrance pe chali gayi. Agar kuch…… ''he wasn't able to complete his sentence, tears slipped down his eyes.

''Wo kyun gayi uska jawab toh wahi de sakti hai na jab wo hosh mei aayegi''Bulbul stated, Viren didn't reply to her but moved to Anamika's side.

At the same time, Bulbul's eyes fell on Nikhil who was standing silently holding his bleeding hand. Bulbul rushed to him,

''I'm so sorry papa, mera dhyan hi nahi gaya aap pe '' 

She made him sit on the couch and did his dressing, he had deep cuts on his both arms.

Bulbul looked up at him,''aap kyun upar gaye the Papa? Aur aapne Ana ko bhi time pe bacha liye?''she questioned a little hesitant as Nikhil wasn't that strong to hold Anamika. He is an old man who can't hold a heavy weight.

Nikhil gazed at her for few good seconds then said, ''main...main Anamika se baat karna chahta tha, uske saath interact karna chahta tha thoda issliye uske pas gaya tha lekin jab pahucha toh dekha wo niche gir rahi thi issliye uska haath pakad liya meine! Apni bachchi ko khone ka dard janta hoon main, mehsus kiya hai uss dard ko kai saalon tak, nahi chahta tha tumhe bhi wahi jhelna pade issliye bina soche samjhe bas uska haath pakad liya meine aur kuch nahi'' he replied, sensing what his daughter exactly wanted to ask.

Bulbul nodded her head and ask him to take rest but he denied. 

''Mujhe nind kaise aayegi jab meri nawasi ki tabiyat itni kharab hai. Main yahin rahunga ''Nikhil declares.

Bulbul shook her head, ''hum yahin hai papa aap tension maat lijiye. Abhi aapki bhi tabiyat thik nahi hai, aap jaake rest kijiye jab usse hosh aayega main aapko bula lungi''Bulbul says convincingly. Nikhil doesn't want to go but agrees. He left the room casting one last look at Anamika.

….

To be continued..