Chapter - 19

Very carefully and with precautions Anamika was shifted to Saxena Hospital. And now she was being taken in her room.

The environment around makes Anamika feel like there is something really serious with her which she doesn't know. The doctors and staff were staring at her pitifully. Anamika didn't like that, she's normal after all. She's here just for a few days but people are behaving like she's suffering with something really serious. She needs to talk to her mother!

Anamika looked at her mother who was smiling at her lovingly, Anamika too smiled at her. 

Soon, they reach Anamika's room which was no less than a five star hotel room. 

Bulbul was surprised, after all her hospital doesn't look like the way it is now. She looked around and then at Viren who was helping Anamika to lay down on the bed.

''Viren, ye sab tumne kiya?'' Bulbul question as she didn't like the change. 

Many times people demand to do such things but she had never allowed them after all it's an hospital, a decorum needs to be maintained. They have some rules and she can't allow anyone to break those rules.

Viren looked at her and nodded simply. 

''Aacha kiya, ye toh aab hospital laag bhi na rahi.'' Anamika says, smiling at Viren who smiles back at her.

Bulbul though wanted to talk but she didn't want to pull out the topic in front of Anamika and so she chose to stay quiet.

Just then a nurse came and informed Bulbul that there are some patients whom she needs to check on. Bulbul nodded and cast a look at Anamika and Viren she left the room.

First, she visit to the girl who was admitted a few days ago, her new patient.

Bulbul did her check up and came to know that she's much better now and is also responding to the medicine she's given. Bulbul sighs in relief, she can now operate her in a few days once her every reports are normal.

She stared at the girl who was sleeping under the effect of medicine, an oxygen mask was covering her face and a life supporting machine was also attached to her body. 

Bulbul's eyes were glued on her when suddenly Anamika's face flashed before her eyes, not in a normal way but she saw her with all the equipment that the girl is needing to support her life. Bulbul shook her head, she won't let it happen to her daughter. She won't let her daughter go through such a phase. 

Bulbul closes her eyes to stop such thoughts, taking  a deep breath Bulbul moves out of the ward. The girl's parents were sitting outside the ward, they instantly stood up when they saw Bulbul. They approach her, their eyes have thousands of questions.

''Doctor, kaisi hai hamari beti?'' The lady asked.

''Don't worry, aapki beti aab kafi thik hai. Uski health mei bahut sudhar aaye hai aur jald hi hum uska operation bhi kar sakenge, filhal uski treatment yunhi chalegi jaise chal rahi hai'' Bulbul explained them calmly.

The couple face lit up to hear Bulbul,''Sachi, hamari beti jaldi thik ho jaayegi? Hum usse ghar le jaa paayenge ''the man asked with teary eyes. He was happy to learn the truth.

Bulbul nodded, ''jii, Anamika  jald hi thik ho jaayegi aur aap usse ghar le jaa paayenge ''she exclaims, the couple gaze at each other and then at Bulbul. Their expression changes from happy to astonished.

''Hamari beri ka naam Shivangi hai Anamika nahi doctor'' the lady says in a low tone.

Bulbul realised by mistake she took Anamika's name as she was worried about her and Bulbul's mind was wandering around Anamika. So by mistake her name spilled out of her mouth.

She apologized to the couple,'' ohh! I'm sorry! Mera matlab tha aap Shivangi ko jald hi ghar le jaa sakte hai'' she says and without waiting for their reply she headed towards her cabin.

Approaching her cabin, she locked herself inside as she didn't want to meet or talk with anyone. She was feeling a heavy heart, her eyes were teary. The fact that she isn't able to know the health condition of her daughter despite of living in the same house, sharing a common room and almost taking care of everything, she can't believe that she made such a big mistake. How could she be so careless towards Anamika?

She sobbed silently, sitting in a corner of her cabin. She never felt so weak, not even when she was longing for a baby. She do wanted one and was going through some treatment but she and Viren had already decided that if the IVF fails for the second time also then they will adopt a baby. But it seems, destiny was in their favour and they had Anamika. 

And now, when everything was going so smoothly their life takes a sudden turn that may destroy their little family which she can't afford to lose.

She cried pouring out her pain. After all she can't cry in front of Viren because her tears will make him more worried and tense. So, she has this corner to vent out her pain in the form of salty water. 

...

Some time passed, Bulbul was still sitting on the floor when someone knocked on the door. She immediately stood up from her place and cleaned her face with a tissue. She secured her seat on the chair and allowed the person to enter.

A nurse and her father Nikhil enter inside.

''Ma'am ye aapka cabin dhundh rahe the''the nurse informed and left the place.

''Papa, aap mujhe kyun dhundh rahe the? Sab thik toh hai na?''Bulbul asked, panicked as Nikhil was with Viren and Anamika. What made him come here in search of her? Is there any problem with Anamika? Or she gets to know about her health issue? Such questions arose in her mind.

Nikhil shook his head negatively, ''nahi, Anamika ko kuch nahi hua wo thik hai. Main toh yahan tumhe dekhne aaya tha, tum thik ho na gudiya?'' Nikhil asked in concern. Bulbul takes a deep breath to control the tears which started to fill her eyes. Her father is addressing her with her nickname after ages and that makes her more weak.

Though she shook her head positively but couldn't resist the tears from flowing.

Nikhil grew worried to see her crying, without wasting a second he moved to her and cupped her face.

''Gudiya, beta aise rote nahi. Kuch nahi hoga Anamika ko, please believe in yourself. Tumhare aise rone se kuch nahi hoga.'' He tries to make her understand but for now she needs someone's shoulder to lean on and pour out her heart, Nikhil understands the mental state of his daughter. She was scared for her daughter who's the reason for her and her husband's happiness.

Nikhil smeared her head and pulled her in a fatherly hug.

….

To be continued..