Chapter - 14

It was midnight, Viren was sleeping soundly securing Anamika in his arms while Bulbul was wide awake. 

Around an hour or two ago, Anamika gets conscious and is pretty good now.

But Bulbul was disturbed not only for Anamika but for the girl she's treating and also for her staff who are more than mean.

When on the one side her own daughter wasn't well on the other side her patient was also a matter of concern, she didn't know if she would survive or not. Her condition was critical, she wasn't responding to their any effort that they were doing to get her back in life.

Well she can't back off before giving it a try. She still has some time to stabilise her body and get her ready for the operation. Before that she needed to take a class of her staff who had turned inhuman and were acting like business associates and not like a doctor. There are a lot of things she needs to fix. Her daughter's health, her hospital's problem and also has to deal with her father.

She takes a deep breath and takes a turn, a smile forms on her lips to find the father daughter sleeping soundly though Viren looks a little disturb in his sleep as well. She lightly caressed his face,

''I'm fine''he says in his sleep recognising her touch. 

Bulbul smiles lightly and closes her eyes. Soon sleep embraces her.

Next morning..

Bulbul was getting ready for hospital, though she wanted to take a day off and spent the day with Anamika but she's a doctor and she is needed in the hospital so forth she's going. 

After getting ready, she turned to Anamika who was still sleeping soundly. Quickly pecking her head Bulbul left the room. 

In the hall, she found Viren talking with the cook may be instructing her something.

Bulbul marched to him, he turn to her,

''I'll try ki jaldi aa pau, tab tak tum dhyan rakhna aur papa… Maid ke haath se unka breakfast aur lunch unke room mei hi bhijwa'' she says knowing his discomfort and to face her father.

''Don't worry, main sambhal lunga sab aur jahan tak baat tumhare papa ka hai toh aab hum ek hi ghar mei rehte hai kab tak ek dusre se najrein churate rahenge. Ek na ek din toh aage badhnaa hi hoga humein, hopefully is baar wo samjhe'' Viren exclaims, Bulbul just nodded her head and left the house.

Nikhil who was observing all this from the door of his room. He knew his sudden arrival and sweet gesture would make them doubtful of his intention. Isn't it all what he himself created in their heart's?

Well, he never wanted to visit them but when Viren insisted he couldn't deny. After being thrown out of his own house by his son he didn't have any other option other than roaming on the road as even his friends refused to help him. Now, when he's here he wants to be with them, he has realised that money doesn't last for long but true love never demises in any situation.

He can't tell her daughter the truth about her brother, so he decides to leave the house once Bulbul will be back from work.

..

Viren moved to his room with breakfast for Anamika, the girl was still sleeping so he thought to take breakfast in the room itself. 

As he approach to the door, he heard some sounds from inside the room. Viren smiles lightly, it seems his daughter is awake. 

Smiling widely to cheer her he entered the room but what he saw inside shocked him. The food tray fell down from his hand and he ran towards the bed.

Anamika was lying on the bed on her stomach and was vomiting holding her stomach.

Viren holds her by her shoulder,'' Bettu kya hua beta! ''He tried to make her lay on his lap but she wasn't in the condition to even make a little effort to lift up her head. Her breaths were turning heavy, she feels difficulty in inhaling the air. At the moment, Viren was totally numb, his mind was so much disturbed that he couldn't even think what to do.

Luckily, Nikhil who came to check on Anamika witnessed this. He nudged Viren,

''Viren utho, hospital leke chalo isse!! Utho Viren''he shouted at the top of his voice.

Viren glanced at him for a few seconds and when Nikhil again nudged him he landed in reality. He gazes at Anamika and picks her in his arms.

They ran out of the house. Their driver brings the car, Viren and Nikhil settle inside with Anamika and take her to the nearest  hospital.

By now they were sure that something very serious had happened to Anamika.

On their way to hospital, Viren calls Bulbul and informs her about the whole matter.

All the way Anamika was crying holding her head because of pain, Viren was pressing her head to ease the pain but it was of no use instead she cried louder.

The journey to hospital was the worst part of Viren's life. He has never imagined this even in his wildest dream that he would be taking his daughter to the hospital who would be crying and struggling with pain. His eyes couldn't resist crying, he felt himself shivering with cold, not exactly cold but fear had overtaken him.

The nearest hospital was just 20 minutes from their home but this 20 minutes seems like 20 hours.

''Itne dheere car kyun chala rahe ho tum? '' Viren shouted to the driver who was already heading the speed of 120 but of course in the fast paced city of Mumbai you can't find an empty road even in mid night. So the traffic was a big problem.

Soon, they reach the hospital. Nikhil was the first to descend down the car, he shouted for the doctor who came with a stretcher and two wardboys.

With the help of wardboys, Viren made Anamika lay on the stretcher and took her to the emergency room. Viren wanted to join but they didn't allow him as he isn't a doctor.

While Anamika was in the room being treated, Viren and Nikhil waited outside.

….

To be continued..