Chapter - 16

Consoling each other Nikhil and Bulbul move out of the Doctor's cabin and sit down on a bench outside.

They were still shocked but their biggest concern for now was Viren, it will be really hard to tell him the truth after all Anamika is his life, he won't be able to bear this!

''Kaise main Viren ko ye sab bataungi Papa, kaise? ''Bulbul cried, Nikhil smeared her head..

''Batana toh padega na beta, agar hum aaj nahi bataayenge toh kalko agar usse kahin aur se pata chala tab wo aur dukhi hoga. Aur tab usse sambhalna aur muskil ho jaayega''Nikhil says calmly.

''Main jaanti hoon papa, lekin ye itna aasan nahi hai batana. Aapne dekha tha na uss din jab Anu ko Aaisha ghar leke aai thi, Viren ki kya haalat thi. Aap hi sochiye jab usse itna bada sach pata chalega toh kya hoga.'' She expresses holding her tears.

Nikhil takes a deep breath, he knows his daughter is right at her place. It's not that easy for any person to be intact knowing their dear one is in critical condition and it's more difficult for a father who's daughter is his life, it is not easy for him  to keep himself calm knowing what  his daughter is going through. 

Nikhil knows the pain, he has been through the same for years. He was away from his daughter, someone he loves the most. It's not like he doesn't love his other kids, of course he does but Bulbul was different from them. She was not like her brother or sister who were always behind expensive gifts and luxurious lifestyles. His own child except Bulbul were behind his money and there was Bulbul who left him and his money for love. And today also when his son throws him out of the house and his elder daughter refuses  to keep him with her, Bulbul and Viren are standing by his side whom he had hurted the most!!

He sighs and look at Bulbul who was still in thought,'' let's do one thing, hum pehle Anamika ko tumhare hospital mei shift kar lete hai aur wahan treatment start karne ke badh Viren ko bata denge''Nikhil suggests but Bulbul denied.

''Nahi papa, main aisa nahi kar sakti. Aaj, kal ya kabhi bhi jab usse pata chalega toh utni hi takleef hogi jitni aaj, fir main kyun na usse aaj hi bata doon at least phir wo ye toh nahi samjhega ki meine uss se chupaya kuch.'' She says, Nikhil nodded.

''Tum jo bhi decision logi, i'm with you beta!''Nikhil exclaims, Bulbul gazes at him surprisingly. Last time when he said these, he couldn't keep his words and today after ages he's saying the same, will he keep his promise this time? She thought!

Nikhil holds her hand finding her lost in thoughts,'' I know, I was wrong but you can trust me! I promise I won't cause any trouble to you or your family'' Nikhil says in a low tone, Bulbul shook her head affirmatively. After all he's her father and she can give him a chance.

Glancing at each other, the father daughter headed towards Anamika's ward to talk with Viren. 

..

Anamika's ward

Anamika gets conscious and found her father sitting beside her, his eyes were moist and he was holding her hands. Anamika rolls her eyes in the room and finds herself in the hospital.

She remembered how she suddenly vomited because of headache and stomach pain, later she fell unconscious on the stretcher. 

''Dad!''she calls him weakly.

Viren instantly looked at her, ''Baby, how're you feeling? ''He asked, caressing her head, trying to sound normal as he knows Anamika will be stressed if she finds that he was crying.

Anamika shook her head slightly, ''main thik hoon, aap ro kyun rahe the?''she asked, wiping a tear drop from the corner of his eyes.

Viren holds her hand and pecks a kiss on her palm, ''main nahi ro raha baby, don't worry. Tum apna khayal rakho bas'' he says.

Anamika takes a turn and place her arm on Viren's shoulder, ''main toh bilkul thik hoon aur apna khayal bhi rakhti hoon issliye aap tension na lo, aapki Ana toh bahut strong hai''she exclaims smiling. 

Viren smile lightly at her words, he settle the loop of hair behind her ear,'' so toh hai, mera bacha toh bahut strong hai lekin aaj kal mera bacha apne Dad se bahut baatein chupata hai''he says caressing her cheek.

Anamika makes a face,''aisa nahi hai, it's just main aapko pareshan nai karna chahti thi aur waise bhi ye bas chota sa headache hai'' she exclaims snuggling closer to him but Viren stops her as a saline dripping syringe was attached to her other hand which may cause pain if she moves that hand too much. Instead he himself secured his place on the bed beside Anamika who placed her head on his lap.

Anamika holds his hand''aap itna tension nahi lo, main bilkul thik hoon mujhe kuch nahi hua hai. Ek hafte mumma ki special foods aur kadwi dawai lungi na toh sab sahi ho jaayega '' Anamika says in order to calm him as she knows her father is very worried about her health. 

Viren didn't say anything but smile at her effort, he caressed her head while the letter closed her eyes.

..

Bulbul and Nikhil were witnessing all this standing outside the room. They were here to tell Viren about Anamika's report but the sight before their eyes stopped them. They didn't want to break that moment of father daughter.

Bulbul sighs deeply, she finds herself at that stage where she can't hide the truth nor have the courage to tell the truth. Both the option seem unfair for now. Firstly, if she hides the truth from Viren that will be a cheating because he has the right to know everything about his daughter and also the trust he holds for her will break.

 Secondly, if she tells him the truth then he won't be able to bear it. And in both cases Bulbul will be pissed off. She can't break his trust nor can she see him in pain.

Nikhil placed his hand on her shoulder finding her lost in her thoughts. He knows what his daughter must be thinking. Bulbul looks at him and he ensures her that everything will be fine. 

….

To be continued..