Chapter - 5

Bulbul stares at Viren, "are you sure?" she asked with a trembling voice, water brimming in her eyes. 

Viren shook his head affirmatively, "Haan! Mujhe laga wahi hai lekin jab main gaya dekhne toh wahan koi nahi tha. Lekin I'm sure meine unko hi dekha" he exclaims confidently. 

Bulbul takes deep breath trying to calm her nerves, it was then when Viren said, 

"hum dhundhe kya unhe?" he asked rather than suggesting. 

Bulbul looked at him sternly, "nahi, humein kya zaroorat hai. Waise bhi wo apne kissi kaam se aaye honge" she exclaims, her voice getting heavy. 

Viren glanced at her for a few seconds then embraced her in his arms, she needed it! 

She placed her head on his chest and closed her eyes, trying to digest what just her husband revealed to her. 

How can it be possible, yesterday when she talked with her brother he told him that their father was there only, then how can Viren see him on the road today? That too in a not so good condition! 

Yes, in the morning Viren saw his father - in - law. He was standing at the road and seemed to be lost. Also the clothes he was wearing seemed to be dirty and were torn from some places. This stunned Viren as Bulbul's father was a rich man, then why was he in that condition? 

Viren caressed her hair lightly, "I guess tumhe ek baar apne bhai se baat karni chahiye. Humein bhi tasalli ho jayegi fir!" he exclaims as he knows neither he nor Bulbul will be able to be in peace until they are satisfied that the guy whom Viren saw today was not Bulbul's father. 

Bulbul parted from him, yes she needed to talk but her family except her sisters are still angry with her and don't like to talk. Her father hasn't talked to her till date and her brother, though he talks but not much. 

Viren handed her the cell phone and moved to the balcony to give her some space. 

After he leaves, Bulbul calls her brother who didn't pick up the call the first time, but receives it when she calls back the second time. She first asked about his well being and his replies were clearly saying that he's not so interested in talking with her he was trying to end the call as soon as possible. 

"Bhai, papa kaise hai?" Bulbul asked directly knowing her would cut the call abrupt anytime and she was getting irritated by his replies as well. 

A long sigh could be heard from the opposite side, she could figure her brother was trying to make up a story as his wife was murmuring something which was not clear enough but Bulbul can figure out that it was about her father. 

After a long pause, her brother replied, "tu kyun papa ke baare mei puch rahi hai? Tujhe pata hai na wo tujh se baat nahi karna chahte hai fir baar baar kyun tu unke baare mei puchti hai!? Papa mere paas hai aur aaram se hai aur sabse important wo tujh se baat nahi karna chahte toh aage se call mat karna please "her brother disconnected the call not giving her a chance to reply. 

Huh, lairs! She knows he lied to her and was trying to hide something. She call Viren and told him what just happened, Viren shook his head, 

" tumhara bhai kuch kar raha hai. I told you na last month business news mei uska naam har scam mei aa raha tha, aur aab iss tarah bewajah chillaya I'm sure ki wo aadmi tumhare papa hi the. Shayad tumhare bhai ne..." he stop, looking at her keenly continued 

" Humei police ki help leni chahiye unko dhundhne ke liye "Viren suggested to which Bulbul shook her head in agreement. 

" kisko dhundhna hai? "this voice drew their attention. They turned only to find Anamika standing at the doorstep staring at them blankly. 

Viren immediately changes the topic as he doesn't want his daughter to be worried," itni jaldi himmat tut gayi kissi ki? "he asked teasingly. 

Anamika make a face moving forward towards the bed, she climb over it and settled down beside Bulbul wrapping her arms around her neck and placing her head on her shoulder she spoke, 

" I'm not talking to you! Huhhhh, jaan bujh ke aisa game khela jo main kar hi nahi sakti" she made a face. 

"Arey, meine kya kiya idea toh tumhari mumma ka tha" he exclaims, clearing his name. 

"Haan toh agar aap mana nahi karte jaane ke liye toh ye idea mumma deti hi nahi, issliye fault aapka hai" Anamika declares, Bulbul giggle at this while Viren makes a gloomy face. 

"come on now, sleep! Bahut late ho chuka hai aur kal tumhe tumhare office bhi jana hai na, chalo so jao" Bulbul says, Anamika gazed at her. 

"sula doh na" she pouted cutely, Bulbul patted her head. 

They laid down on the bed. Bulbul caressed her hair with her one hand while her other hand was under Anamika's head and the girl had her arms wrapped around her mother's waist. 

Viren silently moves to the balcony and calls his friend who happens to be the ASP of Mumbai police. He told him about his father - in - law and provided him the information that he needed. Talking to him for a few minutes, Viren disconnected the call and entered his room only to find Anamika fallen asleep and Bulbul was waiting for him. 

Viren secured his place on his side of bed and told her that his friend will be helping them and if that guy was her father then he'll search him out as soon as he can. 

Bulbul nodded, they have to wait until they find out the truth. Though she's still angry with her father but if he's in trouble she can't let him in the same. She has to help him, after all a relationship doesn't break if one is angry or disappointed on the other! 

With all such thoughts they fall asleep! 

... 

To be continued..