Chapter - 10

Nikhil and Bulbul were lost in feeling the togetherness when they heard a loud voice. They parted and look at each other, 

"Bulbullll, jaldi aao" It was Viren who was shouting continuously, Bulbul was surprised but she ran out of the room as she could feel a kind of worry in his voice, Nikhil followed her as well. 

As Bulbul was approaching the hall she found Viren standing at the door and was trying to hold something, she rushed towards him to see the matter, she found a doctor from her hospital was also standing at the doorstep and Anamika was with him but she was unconscious. Bulbul was left shocked to see her fainted. 

Viren picks Anamika in his arms and takes her in her room, Bulbul, Nikhil, the doctor and Aaisha follow him. 

Bulbul opened the door of the room, Viren entered inside and made her lay on the bed comfortably, his eyes were moist. He patted Anamika's cheek lightly to wake her up, 

"Bettu! Hey utho na bachche" Viren tried to wake her but it was of no use. 

Bulbul tried to calm herself though it wasn't that easy but she has to know first what happened to their daughter. She turned to the doctor and asked, 

"Dr. Mehta, kya hua Anu ko?" she questioned trying hard to control her tears. 

"by mistake usne expired medicine le li thi. Dawai 2 mahine pehle hi expire ho chuki thi jo shayad usse pata nahi tha but no need to worry now, wo thik hai abb. Abhi behosh hai lekin ek - do ghante mei hosh aa jaayega!" DR. Mehta told her, Bulbul nodded her head. After a few minutes both doctor and Aaisha took their leave. 

Bulbul secured her seat beside Anamika on the bed. Meanwhile Nikhil was staring at them, they had tears in their eyes. Viren was not even ready to leave his daughter's hand. Nikhil can completely understand Viren's state of mind right now, he has gone through it years ago. He knows the fear of losing one's own part. He marched towards Viren and kept his hand on his shoulder, 

"don't worry she'll be fine soon!" Nikhil patted his shoulder and moved out of the room leaving them alone. 

Bulbul glanced at Viren whose eyes were fixed on Anamika's face, tears were already rolling down his cheeks. Bulbul Place her hand on his hand, 

"Viren sambhalo khudko, Bettu ko kuch nahi hua hai she's fine" she knows her words won't affect him but she has to try she can't let him cry. 

Viren shifted his gaze on Bulbul, "Ye meri wajah se hua, usse office nahi jana tha shayad subha se hi thik nahi laag raha tha isse meine fir bhi bheja. Meri galti hai ye!" he cried. 

Bulbul let out a deep sigh, "it's not your fault, khudko dosh kyun de rahe ho tum! Ye bas ek galti thi aur kuch nahi aur doctor ne kaha na wo thik hai. Please, sambhalo khud ko" 

Bulbul was worried as well but she's a doctor at the same time and practically they don't need to worry now, Anamika's condition was under control. But she knows, she can't convince Viren he's very possessive for Anamika and can't bear it if anything happens to her. 

... 

An hour passed, Anamika was still lying unconscious. Viren and Bulbul were also still sitting at their respective places and by now Nikhil was also sitting on the couch worried for his granddaughter. 

It was then when Anamika tossed on the bed a little, the other got alerted. Slowly Anamika opens her eyes only to find her parents and an unknown man staring at her. They all look worried and sad but why? 

She tries to sit up but couldn't able to, 

Viren holds her and makes her sit with the support of backrest and himself settles beside her. 

Anamika stares at them for a few good moments and then questions, "kya hua aap sab ko? Itne pareshan kyun ho? Aur main, main ghar kaise aai main toh office mei thi na fir.." Anamika was confused as she didn't know the reason why she's in her house. 

"koi dawai li thi office mei baby?" Bulbul asked, smearing her head. 

Anamika nodded positively, "Haan, headache ki thi! Lekin hua kya?" she still couldn't figure out what happened to her. 

"wo dawai expired thi bettu, tum behosh ho gayi thi. Aaisha aur doctor tumhe yahan le ke aaye kuch der pehle" Viren says, Anamika was left shocked to know the truth. 

"expire!! Kaise!!!" Anamika was confused moreover she was still having a headache because of which she was not being able to think properly. 

"mujhe nahi pata kuch.. Meine toh dekha hi nahi wo expired thi.. I'm sorry" she said apologetically looking at Viren who was quite knowing he's sad. 

Viren patted her cheek and pecked her head lightly, 

"just be a little careful baby, tumhe pata hai na hamari jaan tum mei basti hai." tears leak down Viren's eyes as he says these words. 

Anamika hugged him instantly, and Viren secured her in his arms. Nikhil smiles to see them, indeed daughters are princess for their father and they can't bear to see them in any pain. 

" Come on, aab tum dono milke maat rona" Bulbul jokes to light the situation, Anamika chuckled. 

She parted from Viren. It was then when her eyes fell on Nikhil who was standing in a side. 

Bulbul notices Anamika's gaze on Nikhil. 

"Ye.. Ye kaun hai?" Anamika questions Viren pointing out to Nikhil. 

Viren and Bulbul gaze at each other, they were tongue tied. They haven't told Anamika about their past, about Bulbul's family but today Nikhil is here and now they have to tell her about him. 

Bulbul holds her hand and begins to speak which surprises Anamika. 

... 

To be continued..