Chapter - 22

A week passed by, Anamika was a little better now because of the medicines she was given. 

She was on medicine and was recovering slowly, Bulbul was happy for the same as Anamika's body was adapting the changes and also the medicine's suits her. So, everything is in their favour!

..

Anamika was alone in her ward, sitting on the bed and was trying to tie her hair with her one hand as her other hand had that saline syringe.

She was trying hard to hold them together but failed. She sighs and throws the hair band which landed on Viren's feet who just entered in the room with fruits, juices and some cupcakes for her. 

Viren looks at her, he finds her frowning. He picks up the band and moves to her.

''Kya hua bache?'' Viren asked, he kept the bags on the table and secured his seat beside Anamika.

''Kuch nahi'' she replied, making a face.

Viren tug the loop of her hair behind her ear,''arey, bina kuch hua gussa kis baat pe aa meri Bettu ko?'' He questioned again.

Anamika frown, ''toh aur kya karu, main kabse apne baal sametne ki koshish kar rahi hoon lekin ho hi nahi rahi hai. Aab main aise toh nai reh sakti na Dad!'' She exclaims making a gloomy face.

Viren smiles at her words,''bas itni si baat, iske liye gussa kaun hota hai. Chalo, aaj main apni princess ke baal bandh deta hoon'' Saying so Viren sits behind her, Anamika chuckled as Viren holds her hairs and gently combed them with his fingers. 

He applies a little oil in her hair and massages her head for a few minutes. Anamika feels relaxed with the massage. Viren then parts her hair in two halves and makes braids. In a few minutes, he was done making her braids.

''See, ho gaya!'' He exclaims patting her head.

Anamika leans on his chest,''Thank you''she says and plants a kiss on his chin tilting her head. 

Viren giggled at her act, he embraced her securely in his arms and pecked her head. 

Anamika lay there calmly and held his hand and played with his fingers, she chuckled when Viren curled up his fingers in between. 

For Anamika, no other game is as much  enjoyable than playing with her father's beards or fingers. And Viren is all happy to see his daughter's glowing face.

.

Bulbul and Dr. Subhash was witnessing this sweet moment of father daughter, a smile was playing on their lips. Bulbul couldn't be more happy.

Dr. Subhash cleared his throat to grab the attention of father daughter. 

Viren and Anamika look up at him, Viren sighs.

He doesn't like Subhash, well there isn't any reason but the day Subhash blurted out the truth before Anamika without his permission, after that very moment Viren hates him and Subhash knows that. 

As Bulbul enters with Subhash, Viren makes Anamika lay on the bed and stands beside her.

Subhash did Anamika's check up and smiled satisfactorily when finish his task. He looks at Viren who gave him a cold look.

''Mr. Saxena, aapki beti aab kafi thik hai. She's recovering aur jald hi shayad hum uska operation bhi kar sakte hai!'' Dr. Subhash told him, Viren shook his head and thanked him. 

Subhash smile at his words,''it's okay Viren ji, ye hamara kaam hai!'' He says and turns to Anamika. 

''Take care!'' He said and left the room.

Viren takes a deep breath, Bulbul looks at him,''Viren, tum khayal rakhna Anu ka main shayad aab sham tak na aa paun kyunki ek operation hai jo mujhe attend karna hai. Waise nurse toh yahan rahegi hi har time but still tum dekh lena agar kuch jarurat pade toh!''she said in concern.  

Viren nodded his head,''don't worry, tum jao main hoon yahan'' he assures her to which she smiles.

''Good luck Mumma!'' Anamika smiles at her, Bulbul moves to her and pecks her head to which Anamika chuckles. 

In a few minutes Bulbul left the room leaving the father daughter. 

Viren helps Anamika to sit properly and gives her the juice that he has brought. Anamika takes it without any drama, knowing it's not the time to do all those things. 

Viren cuts some fruits and serve to her, he also serves her the cupcake that was especially for her, Anamika chuckles to find the cupcake. She instantly places the juice glass on the table and holds on to the cake, Viren smiles at her act. He kissed on top of her.

Other side..

Bulbul, Dr. Subhash and some other doctors were getting the last minute discussion about the case.

The operation is of the same girl who was admitted there before Anamika, as her condition was stable now and so was her health issues, so they decided to do her operation. 

Getting ready they headed towards the operation theatre when the girl's parents stopped Bulbul at the door of Operation Theater.

Bulbul looked at them, their eyes were teary and they were worried as well for their daughter.

The girl's mother joined her hand before Bulbul but wasn't able to say anything.

Bulbul holds her hand,''fikar maat kijiye aapki beti bilkul thik ho jaayegi. Hum usse kuch nahi hone denge. Jahan aapne itni himmat dikhai wahan thodi aur sahi, bas kuch der aur fir sab sahi ho jaayega!'' Bulbul assures them and moves into the Operation Theater. 

Dr. Subhash looks at her,''log samajhte nahi, aise time pe unhe practical hona chahiye na ki emotional. Agar log ye baat samjhe ki har chij ro dho ke nahi thik ki jaa sakti toh shayad chijein itni complicated na hongi!'' He exclaims and sighs deeply.

''Aab logon ki feelings koi business deal toh nahi hai Dr. Subhash jo hum logon se practical hone ki umeed rakhe. Aur jahan tak baat hai emotional hone ki toh agar kissi ka apna takleef mri hota hai tab aansu bin bulaye guests ki tarah aa jaate hai jinko wapas bhejna hamare bas mei nahi hota. Khair! Humei apne kaam pe dhyan dena chahiye filhal” Saying so Bulbul headed towards the team of doctor, Dr. Subhash sigh unsatisfied as he have different views over the same but let it go.

The operation starts, the girl's parents were sitting outside holding tears in their eyes but were confident that their daughter will be fine because they believe in Bulbul and were sure that she won't let anything happen to their daughter!

Two hour pass, Bulbul and other doctors exited the OT. The girl's parents rushed to Bulbul.

''Doctor, kaisi hai hamari beti? Wo thik toh hai na?'' The girl's father asked.

Bulbul nodded her head positively,''aapki beti bilkul thik hai aab, operation successful raha. Bas kuch hi fin mei wo pehle jaisi ho jaayegi aur aap usse ghar le jaa sakenge, Congratulations!'' She states, other two were happy to hear her. 

The lady hugged Bulbul out of happiness,''Thank you so much doctor, aapne hamare liye itna kiya. Yahan tak ki hamari himmat bhi nahi tutne di, agar aap nahi hoti toh shayad hum kabka har maan chuke hote. Aapko jitna bhi thank you kahun kam hai!'' The lady says parting from her. 

Bulbul smiles at them,'' ye toh mera farz hai aur aap dono mei pehle se hi ye vishwas tha ki aapki beti ko aapko bachaana hai meine bas usse anjam diya hai. Logon ko thik karna hi toh mera kaam hai na akhir!'' Bulbul exclaims, they smile at her. 

The other two can't thank her enough. She not only helped them financially but also emotionally supported them and still she's being so nice to them, she's not less than an angel for them.

Giving them some important instructions, Bulbul moves towards her Cabin.

….

To be continued...