Chapter - 6

Next morning.. 

As usual, Viren's day starts with the newspaper and Bulbul joins her duty in the kitchen while Anamika is still sleeping soundly. 

Viren was reading newspaper in the balcony, sighing every now and then to see the newspaper which was full of crime stories, murder, kidnapping, corruption, rape and what not. 

Angrily he closes the paper and throws it on the table. Bulbul who just stepped in the balcony with a cup of coffee for him saw his action and was surprised over the same. 

"kya ho gaya, paper pe kis baat ka gussa nikal rahe ho?" she asked, securing her seat beside him and place the coffee mug before him. 

Viren takes the coffee saying, "padhne layak kuch hai kahan iss mei. Ek bhi aachi news nahi, pura paper crime news se bhada pada hai. Aise lagta hai duniya mei sirf crime hi ho raha hai aur kuch nahi!" he said disappointedly. 

Bulbul shook her head in agreement 

"crime aaj kal trend ho gaya hai aisa lagta hai. You won't believe kal Dr. Mathur keh rahe the jab tak news mei do char murder ki news na aa jaaye lagta hi nahi hai news dekh rahe hai. Matlab, hadh ho gai logon ne entertainment ka source bana liya crime ko! "she stated with a tinge of disappointment in her voice. 

Both sigh and drop the topic there as it was of no use to discuss that. Meanwhile Viren's phone rings, he picks it up taking a look at the screen. It was his friend who's calling him. 

Viren ask if he able to get any information about his father - in - law to which he replied, 

"jaisa tumne bataya waise kuch log toh humei mille hai. Aab in mei se wo insan kaun hai ye jaane ke liye tumhe khud yahan aana hoga kyunki jo photo tumne humei di hai uss jaisa teen log hai yahan. Ho sake toh aa jao kuch der mei!" he says 

"Thik hai, hum aate hai" saying so Viren disconnected the call and looked at Bulbul who was already staring at him. 

"kya bole wo?" she questioned. 

"humei bulaya hai! Ek kaam karna, hospital jaate time tum chali jana police station kyunki your father won't be pleased to see me" he reasoned, Bulbul agrees to him. 

She stood up from her seat, "chalo apni beti ko uthao aab. Main dekhti hoon breakfast ready hua ki nahi" she says and moves out of the room taking a glance of Anamika who was still sleeping. 

Viren places the coffee cup on the table and enters his room, he sits on the bed beside Anamika and caresses her head lightly, but she turns her head to the other side. 

"Abhi nahi" she protested and covered her head with a pillow. 

Viren laughed, "it's already 8 : 30, office nahi jana kya aaj?" he asked, nudging her a little. 

Anamika sniffle, "uff roj kyun jana padta hai office" she makes a face. 

Viren raises his brows, enlarging his eyeballs a little he says, "point toh hai lekin aab zimmedari le hi li hai toh nibhani bhi padegi na. Come on get ready, tumhari mumma wait kar rahi hogi hamara niche" 

Unwillingly Anamika descended down the bed and moved to her room, she was still feeling sleepy and slightly uncomfortable, she was having a headache maybe because she needed some more sleep but also she can't back off from her duty, she has a lot of work to finish. 

She brushed off her thoughts and moved in the washroom to get ready. 

... 

Dining area. 

Bulbul was setting the table when her phone rang. She checked her cell and found it was from the hospital. She immediately pick up the call, 

"yes Dr. Shah! Is everything alright?" she questioned assuming it to be him as it's Dr. Shah who mostly calls her from the hospital. 

"no doctor, kuch thik nahi hai! Kal jo patient admit hui uski condition aur bigad gayi hai. Uske parents kal raat ko koi tantrik wagera leke aa gaye the jisne uska oxygen mask nikal diya aur jaane aur kya kya kiya. Aap please jaldi aa jaiye" Dr. Shah's words were clearly depicting how tense he was right now. 

Bulbul assured him that she would be there in sometime and disconnected the call. 

Disconnecting the call, she runs to her room where Viren was getting ready for office. 

"tum bhag kyun rahi ho?" he asked, looking at her through the mirror of the dressing table. 

"I need to rush to hospital, emergency hai. Tum dono breakfast kar lena! Aur please, police station bhi chale jaana I don't think mujhe time milega" saying so she collected her pushed and rushed out of the room not giving him a chance to reply. 

"take care!!" Viren shouted but it wasn't of any use, she was already gone. 

He takes a deep breath as now he can't escape, he has to go to the police station and see his father - in - law who won't be pleased to see him for sure but what can he do, he can't leave him like that. 

Viren came out his trance when Anamika barged in the room shouting, "Dad! Mumma kahan hai. Niche toh nahi hai wo" 

Viren moved to her saying, "wo hospital gai, koi emergency thi. Chalo hum breakfast karte hai" 

Both father daughters moved out of the room and marched towards the dining area. 

"lekin unko breakfast toh karke jana chahiye the na. Itna hectic day hoga unka, khane ka time nahi milega abb unko" she pouted as they settled down on their respective places. 

Viren serves her with garlic naan and chhole and fruit salad for himself, "aab kar bhi kya sakte hai. She's a doctor na toh khud se jyada logon ka sochna padta hai, wo kha legi lekin wahan hi kuch. Tum apna khao nahi toh mujhe dant padegi ki meine diya hi nahi aache se" he retorted making a face. 

Anamika laughed! 

Amidst little chit chat, they finish their breakfast and leave the house for their respective destinations!! 

... 

To be continued..