Chapter - 4

The family was having dinner, Anamika was glancing at her parents every now and then which didn't go unnoticed by Bulbul.

"kya hua baby? Kuch puchna hai" Bulbul asks looking at Anamika, Viren too looks up from his plate while Anamika shakes her head affirmatively. 

"kya hua, bolo" Bulbul said 

Anamika glanced at them for a few good minutes, "wo... Wo..." she tried to say but fail 

Bulbul turned to Viren who gave an "I don't know" wala look, she eyed him and turned to Anamika, "batao toh, kya hua" she asked again.

"Haan haan!! Tumko darne ki jaroorat nahi hai Betu, main hoon na" Viren stated, eyeing at Bulbul through the corner of his eyes who glared at him in return. 

"mom, Dad.. Wo actually na, mere.. Mere office ke jo staff hai wo.." she cleared her throat, "wo chahte hai ki hum... Hum sab, including me.. Ek tour pe jaaye iss week.. Goa.. Goa mei '' Anamika told looking at them with hope but she knew the answer would be a big no!

And the reason is that, she never had good experience in her any travel history where ever she go alone, it is bound to have some problems with her and that too health issues, also she have Monophobia (fear of living alone) and often have nightmares because of her this problem either Bulbul or Viren has to be in her room every night. So it was obvious that they wouldn't let her go! 

Anamika was staring at them making puppy faces. Viren and Bulbul look at each other and then at her, "No!!" both said in unison 

"please" Anamika requested 

"No means no" Bulbul said firmly 

"But mumma.." Anamika tried to say but Viren spoke 

"tumhe pata hai na hum tumhe kyun nahi bhej rahe! Zid maat karo, agar baki jana chahte hai toh bhej do unko lekin you are not going anywhere" Viren declared, he is jovial and jokes at other times and takes her side but when it comes to this he turn strict, he wouldn't help her with this matter, Anamika knows this. 

"sirf teen din ki baat hai Dad, please" Anamika exclaims 

"teen din toh dur ki baat hai main tumhe teen second ke liye bhi na bheju and the discussion ends here!" Viren declared 

Anamika turns to Bulbul who is already on Viren's side. Anamika sighs and drop her spoon on the plate and rested her back on the back post of the chair crossing her arms around her chest. 

" fir mujhe nahi khana "Anamika declared. 

She gazes at her parents," kabhi toh bolte ho apne problems se lado aur kuch karne jao toh karne bhi nahi dete ho "she makes faces.

" Ana "Viren tried to say but Anamika interrupted,

"mujhe kuch nahi sunna! Ya toh jaane do ya fir main nahi kha rahi, bas!!" Anamika declared stubbornly. 

"Arey" Viren utter when Bulbul interrupted 

"aacha aacha! Chalo thik hai! Tum dono ki behes kabhi khatam nahi hogi! Toh main koi solution Doon?" she questioned, both shook their head affirmatively. 

"aise toh na main na tumhare Dad tumhe kahin bhejne wale hai and you know the reason very well but if you prove us ki tum akele reh sakogi teen din then hum kuch soch sakte hai, right Viren" Bulbul raise her brows looking at Viren who got her trick and added,

"good idea!! Behes ki jaroorat hi nahi aab. Agar tumne prove kar diya aaj ki raat akele apne room mei rehke toh kal tumhe jaane ki permission mil jaayegi aur agar tum na reh pai toh jaane ki baat hi nahi karogi!! Bolo, manjur hai?" Viren asked, smirking. Bulbul was grinning as well because they are 100% sure that she wouldn't be able to live alone for the whole night. It's something next to impossible for Anamika and VirenUl are all set to take advantage of it. 

Anamika glanced at her parents and nodded in yes thinking much. 

"Dinner karo aab, come on," Bulbul said to Anamika, patting her cheek. 

They had their dinner after which they dispersed to their respective rooms. 

Anamika entered in the room, she is determined to go on the trip but first she has to pass today's night alone in her room. She gulped down looking around and ran to her bed, she hid herself under the blanket but that didn't calm her already scared nerves so she called one of her friends and told her about the problem which has just come up. Her friend suggested that they could talk the whole night on cell phones so that she wouldn't feel fearful. Anamika wasn't sure about it but agreed and they started talking about random things that really don't help her at all. 

Here, on the other side Viren was doubting their plan while Bulbul was trying to make him understand that the plan will work. 

"don't worry, thodi der mei bhag bhag ke aayegi wo" she exclaims giggling. 

Bulbul was sure that Anamika would come as it's not the first time the girl demanded to go out on a trip alone and every time they play this kinda trick only and in an hour or so she would come running! 

Viren gazed at her, "agar wo iss baar so gai akeli toh?" he asked doubtfully. 

Bulbul tends to think and says, "toh hamari job chali jaayegi aur kuch nahi" she joked to lighten the situation and laugh but Viren remains serious. 

"itna kyun tension lete ho baba relax" she tried to calm him. 

Viren takes a deep sigh, Bulbul senses he's not worried about Anamika but something else is bothering him. She held his hand, 

"kya hua Viren, itne tensed kyun laag rahe ho? Office mei kuch hua kya?" she asked snuggling closer to him. 

Viren shook his head negatively, "toh phir kya hua?" Bulbul was getting worried to see him tensed. 

Viren held her hand, he lightly caressed her upper palm with his thumb and said the reason of his worry which left her stunned such that she wasn't able to say anything for some time. 

.... 

To be continued..