Chapter - 21

Bulbul's heart winces to see Viren and Anamika crying hugging each other. Anamika was scared to learn the truth while viren was in fear of losing his daughter.

Bulbul caressed Viren's shoulder in order to comfort him, he looked at her tearily. Whatever she did was right, he knows and he's not angry with her for that but he can't see tears in her daughter's eyes. 

Bulbul assures him that everything will be fine and he has to be strong. Though he nodded but his tears continued to flow.

Bulbul touched Anamika's hand to remove it from Viren when her hand dropped down. Viren parted her only to find her fainted in his arms.

Viren panicked, he patted her cheek but it was of no use. Dr. Subhash and Bulbul take the lead. Bulbul made her lay on the bed properly while Subhash prepared an injection. Bulbul again adjusted the saline dripping syringe and injected it on Anamika's arm, on the other hand Subhash injected the solution he had prepared on Anamika's other arm. He also attached some other equipment to her( Anamika's) body. 

Viren had it enough, he can't bear with it anymore. He immediately left the room, teary eyed. Bulbul noticed this but for the time being Anamika needs her more, she can talk to her husband later on.

Making sure that Anamika is fine, Bulbul and Subhash leave the room allotting a nurse to take care of Anamika.

Moving out of the room Bulbul excuses herself and dials Viren's number but he doesn't pick up the call. She tried many times and the result remained the same while calling him. She exited the hospital building and moved to the large field of the hospital where the recovering patients usually took a walk or sat peacefully in the lapse of nature. 

As Bulbul moved there, she found Viren sitting on a bench under the tree, his head hung down. He must be crying, she knows.

She marched towards him and secured her seat beside him, she kept her hand on his shoulder with this he looked up at her. Viren cleared his face and again looked down. 

Bulbul caressed his shoulder a few times, ''Viren, agar tum aise kamjor padd jaaoge toh main akele kaise sambhalungi Bettu ko?'' She says.

''Main wo sab nahi dekh sakta Bulbul. Jis beti ko meine itne naajon se pala hai, har zid puri ki, aaj tak ek kharoch tak nahi aane di jisse main kaise aaj usse itna tadapta hua dekhun. Main nahi dekh sakta!'' He exclaims as tears again made their way out of his eyes. 

Bulbul kneel down before him, she cupped his face,'' I know ye bahut muskil hai hum dono ke liye, lekin karna toh padega na Viren. Hum usse takleef mei nahi dekh sakte uske liye hum apni bachi ko aise hi toh nahi chod sakte na. Haan, aaj kuch takleef hogi, usse bhi aur humei bhi par wo bura waqt taal jaayega. Bahut jald Ana thik ho jaayegi, lekin tab tak tumhe mera saath dena hoga taki hum apni beti ko wapas laa sake!'' Bulbul understands what Viren is going through, in fact she's going through the same phase but they have to be strong. For each other and for their daughter!

''Main samajhta hoon tumhari baat ko Bulbul lekin jab bhi main Bettu ko dekhta hoon toh lagta hai kahin wo cheen na jaaye mujh se, kahin mere haathon se wo khushiyaan phisal na jaaye jo bahut muskil se pai hai meine. Main apna sab kuch khona bardast sakta hoon lekin apni Beti nahi kyunki wo sab toh main phir paa lunga kuch saalon mei lekin meri Bettu ko nahi.'' Viren breaks down in tears as he completes his sentence. He has got just one daughter after so much of prayers and today she's suffering more than anything.

Bulbul couldn't understand what to say or how to comfort him. So she pulled him in her arms, Viren kept his head on her shoulder and cried out his pain while she caressed his back to calm him. 

Bulbul somehow feels that the whole mess has happened because of her carelessness. She should have taken care of her daughter. She sighs deeply as tears leaked down her eyes.

''I'm sorry Viren! Ye sab meri laparwahi ki wajah se hua, agar meine thoda dhyan diya hota toh shayad humei bahut pehle hi iss baat ka pata chal jata, i'm really sorry!'' She apologized sobbing in his arms.

Viren was left stunned by her words, he parted the hug and looked at her,''Nahi Bulbul, ismei tumhari koi galti nahi hai. Hum dono hi iss chij se anjan the. Tum please apne aap ko dosh maat do, jo ho raha hai shayad wo hamari kismat mei hona likha hai. Ek dusre ko ya khudko dosh deke koi faida nahi hai'' he says convincingly.

''I know Viren, lekin mujhe samajhna chahiye tha. Tum doctor nahi ho lekin main toh hoon na, fir bhi main chuk gayi. Na jaan saki hamari bachi kis stithi se gujar rahi hai.'' Bulbul says in a teary tone. 

Viren shook his head negatively, ''nahi! Ye jaruri nahi ki tum doctor ho toh tumhe bina kissi ke kahe sab pata chal jaaye usse kya problem hai. Aur chuk toh main bhi gaya na, tumse jyada uske saath rehne ke bavajud main kuch samajh nahi paya!'' Tears rolled down their eyes as Viren completed his words.

Viren cupped her face and pecked her head to which Bulbul hugged him instantly. They cry and comfort each other for they still have a battle to fight together for their daughter!

…..

Around an hour later, Anamika gets conscious. She opens her eyes slowly and finds her parents sitting beside her. They smiled at her as she looked at them, her lips automatically curved into a smile to find them smiling.

Viren caressed her head while Bulbul asked,''kaisa hai mera bacha?”

''Main thik hoon mumma!'' Anamika replied smiling lightly.

She takes a deep breath gazing at her parents. She still can't believe what Dr. Subhash told her but she has to believe and also she has to be strong, she can't cry or do any drama because it will cost her life and she can't risk it. She doesn't want to leave her parents so early. 

She came out of her trance in Viren's voice, who says,''sab thik hoga baby, bahut jald sab aacha ho jaayega pehle jaisa'' he says confidently. 

Anamika holds his and Bulbul's hand,''I know, jab tak aap dono mere saath ho mujhe kuch nahi ho sakta. Aap dono kuch hone nahi doge!'' Anamika exclaims as she pecked their palms. 

Viren and Bulbul smiled at her words and they pecked her head lightly! 

A journey is yet to begin!

To be continued..