Chapter - 15

Viren and Nikhil were pacing to and fro in the corridor when Bulbul arrived there.

''Sab thik hai na Viren, doctor abhi tak aaye nahi kya?'' She questions holding Viren's arm.

Viren look at her tearily, ''pata nahi kya ho gaya aachanak.'' He says.

Bulbul console Viren, they first need to know what's the matter as Anamika seems well enough it's just since two days that she isn't well. Maybe it is because of the expired medicine that she took yesterday, such thoughts bubble in Bulbul's head.

She brushes off her thoughts when found the doctor coming out of the emergency ward. They rushed to him,

''Dr. Kaisi hai meri Bettu? Kya hua usse? Wo thik toh hai na?'' Viren question in one breath.

Bulbul holds Viren's hand in order to stop him so that the doctor could get the chance to speak. The doctor, Dr. Akshara asks them to follow her in her cabin where they can talk peacefully. Without any question they followed her.

Entering the cabin, Dr. Akshara gestures to them to take a seat and herself settles on her chair, she looks at them sternly.

''Aap log kabse Anamika ke health mei changes dekh rahe hai?''Akshara question.

''Do din se! Actually kal usne headache ki  expired medicine kha li thi aur tabhi humein pata chala ki usko kuch problem hai! ''Bulbul told her, Akshara narrowed her eyes,

''Are you sure Dr. Bulbul? Kyunki mujhe lagta hai apki daughter ko kafi time se ye saari  problems ho rahi hai, uski body bahut weak ho chuki hai aab tak'' Akshara exclaims, worrying the other three.

''Filhal toh waise mei kuch keh nahi sakti, abhi aadhe ghante mei saari reports aa jaayengi tabhi hum keh sakte hai ki usse hua kya hai, tab tak ke liye aap chahe toh apni beti ko mil sakte hai'' Akshara says knowing they must be willing to meet their daughter. 

Nikhil and Viren move to meet Anamika while Bulbul stays with the doctor as she wanted to talk with her alone!

As the other two leave, Bulbul looks at Akshara,''Dr. Akshara kya aap mujhe clearly bata sakti hai ki Anu ko exactly hua kya hai. I know aapne abhi kaha ki reports aane ko time hai lekin aapne usko examine bhi toh kiya hai uss basis pe aap kuch toh bata hi sakti hai?''she asked

Akshara sigh,'' Dr. Bulbul dekhiye main aapko darana nahi chahti aur na hi main khud sure hoon issliye reports ka wait kar rahi hoon but jab aab aapne puch liya hai toh toh main aapse chupaaungi bhi nahi. Doctor mujhe lagta hai aapki beti ko Second Stage Brain Tumor hai!!'' Akshara exclaims shocking Bulbul, she couldn't believe what the doctor just said.

''Lekin meine aaj tak koi symptoms nahi dekhe hai, how can it be possible ''Bulbul says, obviously she haven't notice any symptoms in her daughter, she was totally fine two days back and here is the doctor saying her daughter has Brain tumor. This must be a misconception, she assumes.

''Ye bhi toh ho sakta hai usne aapse bataya na ho? Kyunki iske symptoms aise nahi hote jiss se kissi ko lage usse ye ho rahi hai. Headache, vomiting toh normal hai logon ko hote rehte hai. Ho sakta hai aapki beti ko bhi yahi laga ho! ''Akshara clarifies, Bulbul nodded and excused herself.

.

Bulbul reaches Anamika's ward with thousands of questions running in her mind, she still can't believe what the doctor said. 

Standing at the door she stares at her family. Her father was standing at one side of the bed and Viren at the other side, their eyes were fixed on Anamika who was lying unconscious under the effect of medicine. She wonders how Viren will react when he'll come to know what exactly has happened to his daughter. But it's not confirmed, the doctor was not sure at all, Bulbul tried to convince herself but couldn't after all she's a doctor herself and knows whatever Dr. Akshara said couldn't be a misconception.

She came out of her trance when feels a touch on her shoulder, she looked up and found her father standing before her.

''Kya hua beta, tum yahan akele kyun khadi ho? ''Nikhil asked, Bulbul shook her head negatively.

''Kuch nahi papa, bas aise hi'' she says, Nikhil nodded and they entered inside.

.

Thirty minute passed by, Anamika was still unconscious while the other three were sitting there worriedly. It was then when a nurse entered the room and informed them that the doctor wanted to see them. Bulbul immediately arose from her seat knowing the report must have arrived. 

Viren didn't want to go leaving Anamika.

''It's okay Viren, tum aur Papa yahin ruko main jaake aati hoon''Bulbul says, she already wanted them to stay there and now when Viren proposed his wish to stay, she got an opportunity.

But Nikhil opposed,'' nahi, main bhi saath aata hoon'' he says.

Bulbul wanted to deny it but didn't have any way to stop him. So, she and Nikhil went to see the doctor.

.

Akshara gesture them to take their seats.

''Reports aa gayi hai kya doctor?'' Nikhil asked, gazing at the doctor.

Akshara let out a deep sigh and passes the file to Bulbul,''Dr. Bulbul i'll suggest ki aap apni daughter ko apne hospital mei shift kar le aur uski dekh rekh khud kare, she really needs your aur your's family support''Akshara exclaims. 

Nikhil was confused by the statement but Bulbul was stunned. Just in a few seconds she feels her world has collapsed, everything seems shattered. Her heartbeat slowed down, her hands turned cold and tears rolled down her eyes.

''Ye kaise ho gaya''she cried, flipping the pages of the file.

''Hua kya hai''Nikhil questions, breaking his silence.

Bulbul didn't look up neither said a word while Akshara told Nikhil the reason of Bulbul's worries and tears, Nikhil was left stunned as well to learn the truth.

He couldn't believe what the doctor said. He turned to Bulbul who was reading the file and tears were rolling down her eyes, tears slipped down Nikhil's eyes as well. He couldn't understand what to say or how to comfort his daughter. 

….

To be continued…