Chapter - 3

After around 20 minutes, Viren saw Bulbul coming out of the kitchen with a tray. He assumed it must be noodles, a glass of juice was also in the tray and it seems like she's going to Anamika's room. Viren ran towards her and stood before her, Bulbul gave him a look,

"Lao main le jaata hoon'' Viren said trying to take the tray from her hand, better say snatching the tray.

nahi'', main le jaa rahi hoon. Tum jao tv dekho '' she said, pulling the tray towards her.

'' tv pe kuch nahi aa raha hai, tum lao ye main de deta hoon. Tum jaake dinner banao ''Viren exclaims and somehow takes the tray from her hand, he didn't give her even a minute to think and immediately ran towards Anamika's room.

''jaane kya khichdi paka rahe hai baap beti milke "Bulbul thought and moved in the kitchen, she knew there was no way that she could know their plan until and unless they themselves tell her anything.

Anamika's room

Viren entered the room, he scanned the room but Anamika wasn't there. He moves to the balcony knowing that his daughter must be there. He stepped on the balcony with cat paws, Anamika was sitting in the swing and was working on her laptop. Viren placed the tray on the table and slightly pushed the swing. Anamika instantly looks back, shutting her laptop when the swing moves, she sighs in relief when she finds Viren standing behind.

"Dad! You scared me. Uff mujhe laga mumma aa gayi Anamika'' said, she again turned to her laptop and opened it while resting her back on the backrest of swing. Viren continues to push it gently.

''hmm, mumma ka daar bhi hai aur mumma ki baat bhi nahi maani jaa rahi hai '' Viren says in a teasing tone.

''aisa nahi hai, main sab baat maanti hoon unki. Lekin abhi ye karna important hai, ye mails aur design abhi check na kiye toh kal finalise kaise karungi kuch'' Anamika stated, her rushy and croaky voice was enough for him to know that she is tensed.

''Next month hi event hai aur abhi sab kaam pending pada hua hai, pata nahi kaise hoga sab ''she spoke tensedly.

Viren moves in front of her and secures his seat, he closes her laptop and keeps it aside.

''Dad, ye aap..'' Anamika tried to say but Viren stuff a spoonful of noodles in her mouth,

''saare kaam badh mei ho sakte hai, lekin pehle khana aur healt ka dhyan rakhna hai.''he exclaims and stuff another spoonful of noodles in her mouth

''kaam ka itna pressure aacha nahi hota, aur fir uss kaam ka kya faida jiske hone wale thode se faide ke liye hum apni nind aur chen gawa de. Kaam wo aache hote hai jisko karne ke liye pressure nahi enjoyment ho ''he explained, Anamika just stared at him. 

''Aur waise bhi event next month hai, pura month hai kaam karne ko so relax itna mat socho ''Viren was explaining to her while feeding her, Anamika takes a deep breath.

''lekin bahut kaam hai! Designs ready karne hai, unko finalise karna hai. Fir models bhi dhundhne padenge..''she told him making faces.

''kal  designs banwa lo, fir padso finalise kar lena uske baddh next day se models select karna simple'' he exclaims, Anamika seems to like the idea. She smile, how easily he solves the problem. Viren smiles, finding her relaxed. 

''chalo muh kholo aab '' he says, Anamika opens her mouth and he feeds her the last spoon of noodles. Then he handed her the glass of juice,

''Isko bhi finish karo ''he ordered, Anamika tried to deny but it was of no use. He made her drink.

After finishing the juice Anamika makes faces, ''ewwww aap dono kya kya khilate pilate rehto ho mujhe, ye kitna ganda tha ''she exclaims, giving back the glass to him.

Viren chuckled, ''haan, I know beetroot juice bahut ganda hota hai lekin health ke liye bhi aacha hota hai na peena toh padega, nahi toh tumhari mumma peet degi hum dono ko "he stated, Anamika laugh at his statement.

" aap darte ho mumma se "she asked mischievously.

" nahi!! Main kyun darne laga uss se huh wo koi jhansi ki rani hai jo main darun"Viren spoke, frowning his eyes, to which Anamika giggled.

 ''chalo aab niche, nahi toh tumhari mumma aa gayi aur dekh liya ki tum yahan baith ke kaam kar rahi thi toh dono ki class lagegi, peet bhi sakti hai, come on let's go" viren stood up from his place and collected all the papers and files which were lying on the floor. 

Anamika chuckled and said, "mumma mujhe nahi marti aur abhi toh aap bol rahe the aap nahi darte unse fir kyun jaldi macha rahe ho'' she teased him.

Viren glanced at her and said,"main darta nahi lekin.. Umm!! Ummm.. lekin mujhe toh dant padegi na agar dekh liya toh kyunki ghar mei kaam karna mana hai, chalo aab fatafat sameto sab kuch" he changed the topic.

" chalo chalo, jhooth na bolo aap darte ho mumma se!" Anamika laughed.

"Aisa kuch nahi hai, aur tum baatein nahi banao kaam karo" he glarebat her mocking anger, Anamika nodded giggling.

Collecting all her belongings, they move in the room and throw them on the bed after which they leave the room and move to the hall. 

"Bulbul, aur kitni der hai dinner banne mei?" Viren asked 

"abhi toh banana start kiya hai, aab mere pass koi jadu ka jin toh hai nahi ki do minute mei sab ready ho jaaye" Bulbul replied from inside the kitchen.

Viren asks Anamika to sit in the hall while he moves in the kitchen. He found Bulbul busy in preparing dinner. 

"abhi toh bahut time hai lagta hai" he said , standing at the entrance of the kitchen. Bulbul turn to him,

 ''thoda time toh lagega na Viren. Tumhe bhookha lagi hai kya"she asked, Viren shook his head negativity 

 ''nahi nahi.. tum karo hum wait karte hai '' saying so he left the place and marched towards anamika who was sitting on the couch in the hall, he secured his seat beside her. 

He turned on the television and switched on the movie channel, Anamika rested her head on his shoulder. They enjoyed the movie until the dinner was served, the family settled down for dinner and was having it when Anamika said something that surprised them. 

... 

To be continued!!