Epilogue

The next day arose early, the OT was being prepared for Anamika's operation. 

Bulbul was in Anamika's room having a conversation with Viren or better say, they were just standing silently at one corner of the room. Viren was holding her hand and had placed it near his heart. He wanted to say something, actually he had many things to say but he didn't know how to express his feelings. 

Bulbul cups his face with her free hand,''fikar maat karo Viren, hum ye parao almost paar kar hi chuke hai bas ek aur step fir sab pehle jaisa ho jaayega.'' She says convincingly, caressing his cheek with her thumb. Viren shook his head, things are in their favour after all.

While Viren and Bulbul were busy with each other, Anamika and Nikhil were staring at them. 

''Ye dono kya baatein kar rahe tabse?'' Anamika questions nudging Nikhil who turns to her and shrugs his shoulders.

''Kya pata, hogi koi baat. Aab humei toh bataayenge nahi aur humein puchna bhi nahi chahiye.'' Nikhil says.

''Arey kyun, main toh puchungi. Mujhse toh sab baatein puch lete hai, kehte hai mujhe kuch chupaana nai chahiye kyunki hum family hai toh unko bhi mujhe batana chahiye na sab kuch!'' Anamika exclaims, clarifying her point.

Nikhil tends to think,''baat toh sahi hai tumhari!'' Nikhil says, agreeing to her. 

Just then they heard Viren's voice who stood by the bed. 

''Kya baatein ho rahi hai aap dono mei?'' Viren asked

''Wahi toh mujhe puchna hai aapse, kya baat kar rahe the aap dono hum dono ko chod ke.'' Anamika raised her brows. 

''Kuch nahi, hum bas kuch discuss kar rahe the!'' Bulbul replies as she pats her cheek. 

Anamika shook her head, meanwhile a nurse came and informed Bulbul that the OT is ready and they need to shift Anamika. Bulbul nodded, she asked Viren and Nikhil to leave the room for a while as she needed to change Anamika's dress for operation. They agreed and moved out. 

Bulbul helps Anamika in changing her dress and makes her lay on the stretcher. All the while Anamika was just staring at her, Bulbul cups her face and pecks her head.

''Don't worry baby, mumma hai na sab thik kar degi. Mere bache ko kuch nahi hoga!'' She assures her, in return Anamika pecks her both cheek showing her trust for her mother. 

Bulbul smiles and takes her out. 

They headed towards the OT, Viren was holding her hand all the way. He just doesn't feel to leave her hand. But as they approach the OT Nikhil asks him to leave Anamika's hand. Viren stares at him for a few minutes then at Anamika who smiles at him.

''Main bas abhi hi aa jaayunga Dad, aap yahin mera wait karna!'' She exclaims assuring him that she'll be perfectly fine in a while. Viren pecks her head and lets her go.

The door of OT gets shut, Nikhil and Viren secure their seats on the bench which was placed outside. Though they were sure and confident that everything will be alright as they are expecting still they are a little fearful. 

The time started to pass, with every passing second their heart flips. They hold each other's hand to ease the fear, as Bulbul is inside so they have to support each other and they are doing it perfectly!

Around three hours later, the door of OT gets open. Bulbul and the other doctor exited the OT.

Viren and Nikhil rushed to her, their expression was enough for her to know what they wanted to know. She holds their hand.

''Meine aapna wada nibha diya! Hamari baby ka operation successful raha, congratulations!'' Bulbul told them, a wide smile was playing on her lips. 

Viren and Nikhil were thrilled to know, smiles formed on their lips and in the next moment they hugged each other out of happiness. 

Bulbul smiles satisfactorily. Her family is complete now, her daughter is fine and her father is also by her side. What else she needs now, she has got everything that she wanted!

She comes out of her trance as Viren and Nikhil side hug her from both sides and peck her head from both sides, she chuckles at their act. 

Viren then asks about Anamika to which Bulbul told him that she'll be shifted in her room in a while and they can meet her after that, Viren agreed to her.

Few days passed by, Anamika was all well and today she will be getting discharged from the hospital. 

Anamika's happiness seems no bound as finally after almost a month she'll be able to see her home, her room, everything that she missed in the past few days and finally her wait will be over today. 

She looked up at her family who were preparing for the discharge. 

''Aur kitni der, kabse aap log bas kabhi idhar kabhi udhar kar rahe ho. Mujhe ghar jana hai!'' Anamika pouted.

Bulbul smiles and comes by her side, she hugs her from behind.

''Ghar hi toh jaa rahe hai hum, chalo chalte hai!'' She exclaims to which Anamika chuckles and stands up from her place excitedly.

Soon they left the hospital, the journey to their home was full of fun and laughter. Around in an hour they reach home, Viren and Nikhil descend down the car and open the door of the backseat for their respective daughter's. 

Bulbul and Anamika chuckles as they place their hand on their father's extended hand. The guys pulled them out, the girls were left flabbergasted to find the path decorated with flower petals which ended at the door of their house. 

Viren and Nikhil led the girls to the house holding their hands. 

As the approach the door, Nikhil and Viren opens the door for them. The inner view surprised the girls. 

The hall was beautifully decorated with balloons and flowers, it seems they have thrown a party.

Viren led them inside,'' koi party nahi hai lekin hum toh celebrate karenge na after all itna bada din hai aaj, celebration toh banta hai!'' Viren and Nikhil says in unison. 

They hand over a packet toh their daughter's and ask them to get ready. Bulbul takes Anamika to her room, she first help her in getting ready then herself gets ready. It was then when they realise that their dresses are of same colour, they giggle and move out. 

Reaching in the hall they finds out that Viren and Nikhil has also changed their dress. 

Viren and Nikhil stretched out their hand for their daughter's who holds their hand smiling, a smile was playing in the guys lips as well. After all they were happy, happy because they got back their daughter's who are their only source of happiness. And the smiling face of their respective daughters is the only thing they can wish for, nothing else matters to them. Nothing can make them happy and give them peace except the smile on their daughter's face.

Viren and Nikhil pull them to a corner where table for 4 was set. They secure their place and have their lunch in a happy note, everything was of Anamika and Bulbul's favourite, added to that it was cooked by Viren and Nikhil. 

The family is happy now and will be happy forever!!

….

Having somewhere to go is home. Having someone to love is family. And having both is a blessing.

The family is one of nature’s masterpieces.

                            The end..

RuVineet Thank you so much for helping me, aapke bina isko complete na kar paati main! Lub ju 😘😘😘